Chapter Fifty...

Get Down

I think it's been around 3 weeks since Demi and I decided to give it another go, things have been pretty good, we haven't been out or been seen out anyway, we wear disguises and tend to go to places paparazzi can't follow us. It's Demi's first live show since leaving treatment tonight, and considering we're sort of getting back together I decide to go and support her, but first I have a conference with Mike at the charity I still very much run. I'm glad to finally putting more time into the charity. The song I started is almost finished and I'm considering singing and releasing it, my parents got in contact with The Weeknd's manager and apparently he's down to do it which makes me happy. I also wrote a song called Screwed and I wrote that with Janelle Monáe, that was crazy. I had always loved her music and she's got such a powerful mind and her creativity is amazing. I dont know if music is going to be my path but right now I think I'm enjoying writing and recording so I'll see where it goes.

We just arrived at the conference, Demi by my side. I wait for her to get out before we walk in together. I see Mike and he hugs Demi and I before we begin. "Hey. Welcome back, again I love seeing new faces here and it's great to see some familiar faces. As of around 6 months ago I partnered with Mike Bayer, he's the CEO of Cast Centers who I am now in partnership as well, please welcome Mike Bayer" I smile I hear a small round of applause. He walks out and begins to talk about CAST and how we met and his intentions for my charity "I know Sophia and Paris when she was alive invested so much time and patience into this charity and despite not knowing Paris personally I did know she was a huge advocate for Mental Health and I am so happy and honoured Sophia agreed to partner with me" Mike says, I smile "Following up from what Mike said Paris and I invested so much time into this charity I know in memory of her I want to continue this and help as many people as we can" I get interrupted by the sound of screams and multiple gun shots I look over and before I can make out anything I feel someone's body crash into mine and we're pulled to the floor "Demi" I say looking up, she shushes me "I'm here it's okay" I hear Demi say, I can still hear the shots and cries, I feel myself become shaky "No" I say closing my eyes. "Quickly Sophia come on" I hear Demi say "Demi I can't" I state "I promise you're going to be okay, we need to go" She says gripping my hand, I nod and we quickly run backstage without getting seen. I grip Demi's hand harder as we run through. I hear more shots "In here" I hear Demi state "Look at me" I hear Demi say, I look at her and my hands are shaking so much and I'm practically crying considering I got shot myself not long ago "You're okay, I won't let anyone hurt you" She says leaning in to kiss my lips... Soon enough we hear loud footsteps "Shh, stay quiet" Demi says to me as we crouch down. I hear 3 more gun shots before "GET DOWN" I hear a loud male say, I then peak around the side and the door bursts open and a body drops to the floor... I gasp and quickly turn to face Demi, she looks over me "Oh my god" She says moving back. I have Demi's hand's in mine each time gripping harder "I love you" I mouth, not knowing if that's the last time I'm going to say it, and if we're going to die I needed her to know I still love her. "I love you more but we're going to be fine" She smiles "Ladies" I hear "It's the police" I hear an officer say "Throw your badge" I ask for reassurance, I then feel something land near me, I look at it and nod before he comes around and helps us up "Is he gone?" Demi asks "We had a stand off with the shooter and he got shot but is being taken to the hospital and then taken into custody, although there was a lot of casualties" The officers say, I nod upset "How many? Is Mike okay?" I ask "Demi? Sophia?" I hear someone say coming into the room. The officer looks and holds his gun "Oh god, Mike" I say. He comes to Demi and I "Mike I'm so sorry, I had to get Sophia out of the situation. I'm so so sorry" Demi says, he rests his hand on her arm "It's okay, I would've done the exact same. I'm okay, I was hidden and he didn't see me" He says "How many casualties is there?" I ask "There's no exact number but the fatalities are rising" The officer sighs sadly "Are you both okay?" The officer asks, we nod "We'll get two officers in to take you to the station" He states, I nod. We sit on the couch in the dressing room "Are you okay?" Demi asks, I look at her, my hands shaking still as I try and drink the water Mike gave me "I'm here" She says, I lean my head closer to her and she smiles "Nobody will hurt you I promise" She strokes my hair "Would you prefer this at the station or here?" He asks, Demi says here and we give statements of what happened until I hear someone burst through the door, I flinch and Demi pulls me closer for protection "Sophia" I hear, I relax when I see my parents. I jump up and run into my moms arms "Baby, are you okay?" She asks pulling me close and stroking my hair. I feel myself start crying against her "It's okay baby, you're safe" my mom whispers "Are you okay?" My mom asks Demi, Demi looks up "I'm a little shaken up" Demi states "How did you escape" My mom asks "Demi got me out" I say "She did?" I hear my dad say, Demi nods and I smile "She saved my life" I smile looking at her "I guess I finally got to repay the favour" She smiles. "Are you going to tell me why there was a shooter on sight of this conference?" My dad states, I sigh "Sir, we had no idea this was going to happen" The officer explains "But there was police covering this whole conference we made sure of that before we agreed to let this conference happen. We expected you as police protection to protect our daughter, her girlfriend and Mike" My dad says becoming angry "Papa" I say, he shakes his head "Did at any moment you check people's bags before coming in" My dad asks "Sir, if you can calm down we can talk about this properly" The officer asks "I won't calm down because you have caused multiple casualties by not doing your job. Many people have died and it could've been my daughter. This is the second time my daughter has come into contact with a live shooter. Are you insane? How would you feel if this was your daughter or son?" My dad asks, the officer shakes his head "Soph, Demi. Come on, I'll get you two home. Mike would you like a ride?" My mom says, Mike nods shakes his head "I'm okay, I'm gonna stay here" He says, my mom nods "Keep us updated please" My mother asks, he nods. Demi entwines our fingers.

"Today has made me realise that life is way too short for me to just wait. I'm ready Demi. I'm ready to let you love me" I say, Demi looks at me "What?" She asks "Be my girlfriend... again" I say. She pulls away from me seeing if I'm serious "Really?" She asks "100%" I reply "Yes, yes" She smiles pulling me closer and kissing my lips...

!Hey Guys!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please let me know any ideas or suggestions you have or want to see in the book.

Demi and Sophia are back together but for how long? ;)! I'm just kidding.

Don't forget to VOTE.

All the love, M x