Cuarenta Y Nueve.

Klay Thompson.

I ran down the court , looking for help

I ran down the court , looking for help. I slowed down since I had two defenders on me. I tossed it to Andre. The ball was passed around before Steph threw in his signature three.

"Thompson come out !" Coach shouted. I ran back to bench as Quinn got up and got on the court. I sat down and wiped my face with a towel.

I watch Salice sit with my family as they laughed and talked.  The game was tough tonight and I knew it was nothing since later on , Salice and I were going to tell my parents about us getting married.

"Damn when did you get a tattoo ?"

"I don't have one."

"Yeah you do, on your ring finger...wait." Zaza spoke before gasping. I laughed and tried sshing him. He sat down next to me and started asking me questions.

"Wait what ?"

"We got married secretly , my own parents don't know and I would like to keep this a secret as long as possible. Atleast to have JaVale not know."

"I knew something happened when you came back all smiley a couple of weeks ago. I'm happy for you man , haven't seen you this happy in a long time."

"I won't be when my mom finds out."

"And you are her favorite. Good luck."

The game ended and we won by a couple of points. I went back to the locker room and met up with Salice and my family at dinner.

"Okay what's going on ?"

My dad wiped his mouth and placed the napkin down into his empty plate.

"What ?"

"You aren't acting like yourself."

"Told you to stop being weird." Salice told me.

"I wonder why you aren't acting normal. Is there something going on that we don't know about Klay ?" Trayce asked, sipping on his wine. Salice flicked him off.

"Salice." My mom warned. Salice rolled her eyes.

"Sorry."

I smiled at her slightly, she was just like us and fit in so easily.

"Klay."

"Huh ?" I asked. I shook my head and turned to my parents.

"What's going on ?"

"Um well...." I spoke while grabbing the utensils from my moms side of the table. "See the thing is..-"

"Klay , what are you doing ?"

"Making sure I'm not going to die." I told her. I grabbed the last knife and gave it to Mychel.

"Klay , what's going on ?"