Chapter 10

The one thing I promised Mercy was to look after Bella. And I failed. I failed her, myself and my family. The Russians came for her and I shouldn't been here, protecting her.
       The rest of the day, Alec and Alaric barked orders. Saying "find my daughter or else!" Like that crap is going to help find her.

       I searched the dead Russians, looking for something to help find her. The second in command had tranquilizers in his gun. This made me realize something. The other men didn't go after me, only him. He was here for me, but took Bella. Something was not right.

"Hey sis." Zach's touch made me jump. With his hand on my shoulder, I turn to face him and Xander. I didn't say anything, I just hugged them. At first they didn't hug back, but they soon relaxed and accepted it. I'm still mad at the fact that they are hiding something, but I needed my brothers.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It's my fault she was taken."
"It's not your fault. We should have protected her."
"I can't let what happen to Mercy happen to her. She's only a little girl."
"It will be okay. We'll find her."
"We have business." Father interrupts the brothers sister moment and pulls us away. In his office, it was him, mother, Xander, Zach, Blair, Alec, Ajax, Elijah, Sebastian, Riven and me. I guess it's time for truth.

"Let's get down to business..."
"There's something you all aren't telling me. And I've had enough. What is it?" I interrupt my father before he speaks. No more secrets, I'm apart of this bullshit too.
"We aren't hiding anything." Vincent says
"Don't give me that bullshit. I found tranquilizers in the second in command gun. They were coming for me, not Bella. So what is going on?" Mother and father looked between each other. Then to Xander and Zach.
"Out with it!" I had enough, I was on a thin line. A line that would end up breaking if I didn't get something from them.
"Are you sure you want the truth?"
"Of course I do." Father took a deep breath...

"5 years ago, I came to Mercy. I told her that I wanted to get information from the Russian Mafia without blood shed. I had reason to believe that they were planning something. I told her to pretend to be you, knowing that they would want to meet the heir to the American Mafia. She accept, she wanted to prove herself to me and the Mafia. And just like I planned it worked. Mercy was in and dating the son of the leader, Klaus. Everything was going perfect until Mercy killed the leader of the Russians. And when Klaus came to kill her, thinking it was you, he relished it was a trick. He found out in that second that Mercy was faking being you. Klaus fired his gun, aiming for the real heir. I guess Mercy thought you were important then her own life. She jumped in front of the bullet, saving you. But, because of that Mercy was killed and the war began."

        I couldn't pick out one thought I liked the best. Start insulting Alaric for making her do that, cuss everyone out, or blame her death on me. Blame the whole war on me because the bullet missed me and hit her. When Mercy died , a part of me died with her. As we laid her in that coffin, she took my soul down with her.

        My heart was breaking. And my head was screaming.

         The demons that once haunted me were back to torture me

         The demons that once haunted me were back to torture me. I wanted the floor to open and suck me in. Drag me down to Hell and let the real demons rip open my chest, and rip out my black heart.

       My body started to shake. My vision went blurry due to my tears or the fear within them. My heart sped up and sweat dripping down my forehead. Immediately I felt arms around me, the blonde curly locks were shielding me from the others. Blair was making shh noises as she rubbed the back of my head. I reminded me of how a mother calms a child after a nightmare. And this was my nightmare.

"Your okay Ivy."
"I-It's...my...my f-fault."
"No it's not. Mercy sacrificed herself so you can live."
"I-I k-kill...killed m-my sis-sister. I-I k-killed Mer-Mercy."

      I felt her being pulled away and replaced by bigger arms. The smell of whiskey was strong as well as the smell of smoke. The black suit was familiar. And the voice was soothing.

"It's okay amore

"It's okay amore. It's me." I nuzzle into Alec's neck as he does the same.
"What's happening to her?" Alec's voice was low because of him talking into my neck.
"It's a panic attack. She used to get them all the time when we first moved in together. It was because of her nightmares." Blair says
"What type of nightmares?" Xander asks
"I don't know. I can only assume some are about Mercy and others about the Mafia."
"I'm going to take her upstairs." Alec's arm went around the back of my knees and lifted me up. I didn't look away from Alec's shoulder. His suit jacket was moist because of my tears.

        He brought me to the room he was staying in and laid me on the bed. He removes my shoes then my clothes. He grabs one of his shirts then slips it on my body. Before he could walk away, I grab his hand.
"Stay. Please." He nods to me before climbing in. I cuddle his body as the tears continued to fall.

"I'll get your sister back Ivy. I will do anything for you."

I swear they will get longer

I swear they will get longer. But you should still be thankful I'm posting, School is stressing me out.

Your Welcome Sinners🖤❤️🖤❤️