Prompt 5 || Word Prompt

THIS PROMPT IS NOW CLOSED

Hello everyone and welcome to our newest prompt! This week, we will be featuring a word prompt. Remember that you can interpret the prompt in any manner, provided that there is a clear link between the prompt and your entry.

WORD PROMPT:

(Word prompt reads: I am not above slashing my own tyres to avoid going to this family brunch

(Word prompt reads: I am not above slashing my own tyres to avoid going to this family brunch.)

WINNING ENTRIES

(In no particular order.)

1. SabrinaMaris

Ira's Deli is rarely busy. Which is terrible for Ira, but great for everyone who enjoys privacy with a sandwich. It's also great for Kathleen, who is in the middle of a personal rant in the booth by the till.

"All I'm saying," Kath says, jabbing a fry in the air to make a point. "Is that if I go to this stupid brunch on Saturday, it'll be a mess. It'll be like Thanksgiving all over again."

Jen, across the table, frowns. "What happened at Thanksgiving?"

"I don't want to get into it. What matters is that Lizzy's going, with her nice Jewish husband and swanky legal gig, and what do I have?" The question is purely rhetorical, and no one answers. Though Tom does arch an eyebrow at Jen, who shrugs. "I've got a middling-to-fine job, no husband, and two cats. One who apparently has diabetes." Kath sighs, hiding her head in her hands. "Oh, I'll never hear the end of it. And with my luck Aunt Tonya is going to try to set me up with Johnny Harris from Jersey, as if I don't know that he was arrested for indecent exposure TWICE recently."

"Sounds terrible," Alan says, passively. He isn't paying attention.

"A nightmare," Kath agrees.