I - Love me or Leave me

We used never go to bed angry, but its all we ever do lately.
----

Jade keeps on stirring her cuppa while waiting for Jesy (that as always, she's late). Jesy is her bestfriend since fetus and also her business partner in their Fancy restaurant.

She really loves to cook or love to experiment new ingredients for a certain food. If not cooking, her other hobbies are Reading book, Watching netflix, or answering sudoku. So, basically, all about being a nerd. But her cooking skill is what she loves the most, that's why she took culinary arts to pursue her dreams, and when she graduated in college, her parents gave her enough income to start this business with Jesy, of course.

Well, yeah, aside from Jesy there's this other person who shared the same dreams as her. She's her best friend turned EX Girlfriend...

Perrie Edwards.. out-of-nowhere, her ex's name popped on her mind. Jade suddenly shook her head and furrows her eyebrows. Am I seriously thinking about her? After 5 years of not seeing that woman. She asked herself.

"Jade."

Jade's eyes went wide, taking her eyes off to her cuppa and look at someone who called her name.

"Oh, wow. You zoned-out." Jesy said, while grabbing the chair infront of Jade.

Jade just sighed in relief because for a brief moment, she thought she heard Perrie's voice.

What the fuck just happened? I can't even remember the sounds of her voice now. She again told to herself.

"Oh my God, seriously, Jade? You zoned-out again??" Jesy said while raising her one eyebrow.

Jade shook her head. "I'm sorry, someone came up in my mind. Just right now. While waiting for you."

Jesy leaned in closer to Jade, as if saying she's interested to know who. "Should I ask you, who? Because I only have one person in my mind who's not leaving your brain 24/7." She said while smirking.

"Uhm, food?" Jade replied.

The older woman rolled her eyes. "I said, "who" not "what"."

"Well then, who?"

"Leigh-Leigh." She answered as a matter of fact.

Of course, her girlfriend. Her present girlfriend. Then why did she just thought about her ex, again?

"Wait— its not Leigh that you're thinking?" Jesy said as soon as she saw Jade's reaction.

The younger brunette know, there is no point in lying to Jesy. That's why she told her the truth. "I don't know. Out-of-nowhere.. Someone's name popped on my mind."

Jesy's mouth formed "O" shape, when she gets Jade's idea. "Its Perrie, isn't it?"

Jade nodded.

"Yeah, its been... what? Five years? Since she left? Since then, she didn't communicate with us— or with me. Because she's your ex, of course. Why would she be communicating with you."

"Ugh. Let her be. We have our own different lives now. I was just confuse on why she came up in my mind." the younger brunette said and drinks her cuppa.

"Maybe because.... You're going to propose to Leigh, that's why someone in your past have to go back." Jesy whispered.

Damn. She thought. One more thing, she should be planning her proposal's speech for Leigh, and here she is, thinking of somebody else's name. "Speaking of proposal, Can you help me with the venue?" Jade asked, dropping the topic about her long-time ex.