XV- Turn Your Face

Cause you turned your face, and now I can't feel you anymore
Turn your face, so now I can't see you anymore.
Walk away until you're not standing at my door.
Turn your face, walk away and stay

Turn your face,”

---

(italic parts indicate flashback)

Jade slowly closed the door,  afraid to wake Perrie up.  She's very careful even with her footsteps, Careful not to make any sort of sounds. 

It's been almost end of their semester, and they'll be in holiday.  So,  Jade with her friends in football team decides to celebrate her birthday in advance.  And yes,  Jade finally decided to join the team.

And her relationship with her current room mate, named Perrie 'I'm straight' Edwards is going well.  If she's being honest, she has a huge crush with her.  But every single damn time they were having a moment,  it's either Perrie will suddenly make an excuse or the blonde will emphasized the word they're 'FRIENDS'.  That made Jade so frustrated.  Perrie is giving her mix signals.  But everytime Danielle is there with them,  she was like pushing her with Danielle or like,  she won't talk until the rest of the day to the older Geordie.

Jade was about to lay on her bed when she heard Perrie. 

"Jade?"

"Why are you still awake?" The brunette asked. 

"Can you cuddle me?"

Jade quickly look at Perrie, she can't see her reaction because the light is dim plus she's not wearing her contacts. 

“Are you okay?” Jade asked worriedly. 

“Just please... Cuddle me. ” the blonde requested again with her soft voice. 

Jade didn't think twice and lay beside Perrie.

“How's the party?” She heard Perrie asked once she's done placing her head to her chest with her arms above her belly. 

“Fun.  Lots of food,  drinks—”

“—Danielle?” Perrie finished Jade's sentence. 

Jade stare at Perrie,  even though Perrie wasn't looking she knows she's sad. “Hmm?”

“She was with you... right?”

“Yes. She was there. She came late though,  and brought me a gift.  How'd you know?”

The younger Geordie shrugs.  “Just a hunch.”

Then Jade had an idea. “We talked a lot.  And I finally asked her to be my girlfriend. You know, I'm following your advise.”

Then she felt how Perrie held her breath. 

“Do you want to know her answer?” Jade asked  while running her fingers through Perrie's hair. 

She felt the younger Geordie nods. 

“She didn't answer.”

Perrie raised her head to meet Jade's eyes.  “She didn't? But why?”

The older Geordie smiled to the blonde.   “Because I didn't really ask her.”

Perrie made a confuse face.  “And I really thought you asked her.”

“Do you really want me to ask her now?”

Perrie's eyes look down.  “That's my advise,  right?  If you like her that much.  Then tell her.”

“What if she'll reject me?”

“Then she's blind.  How can she let this kind of opportunity passed?” Perrie said. 

“You think so?”

“I know so.” Perrie gave her best smile to the brunette.

“Okay then... Perrie Edwards,  please be my girlfriend?” then Jade grabbed Perrie's hand.  “Please?”

And Perrie's expression was as if seeing Jade with second head.  “W-what? I-I thought—”

“It's you,  it's always been you, silly.  Danielle is my crush,  yes.  But you..  You're different.  This is not just a silly crush.” Jade admitted as she staring at Perrie's surprised reaction. 

“Jade... You're..... ”

Jade just look at her expectantly. 

“You're an idiot. ” Perrie replied. 

And now it's Jade's turn to be confuse.  “What—?”

But all of Jade's worries fade when Perrie sat properly and squeeze her. “Yes.  You idiot.  The answer is Yes.” Perrie replied happily. 

----

Jade was looking everywhere,  and she couldn't see her. She kept on running,  trying to search the crowd,  even a glimpse of her would be very helpful.

And as if on cue she finally saw her.  Walking slowly. 

Jade didn't waste any more time and she ran the remaining steps away from her. 

“You think you could runaway from me that easily?” Jade said while catching her breath. 

She saw her stopped from walking. 

“No,  you can't runaway from me like that.  I'm so sorry for being stupid,  you really don't deserve that. And for what happened there,  it's....  I don't know.  I'm really an idiot.  But please.  Let me explain.”

Jade saw her slowly facing her. 

“Just hear me out. You made me realise something when you walked away earlier.  That I can't let you go like that. Please...  Stay.”

She didn't hear any response from her.  She was just looking at her with the tears on her eyes.

Jade took all the courage to hold her hand. 

“I'm sorry... Don't leave me. ” Jade felt the fresh tears from her own eyes as well.

It happened again.  AGAIN. 

Then a quick blurry memory flashed in her head.

She felt her head aching but the brunette decided to ignore it.  This is not about her.  This is about the woman she's facing right now. 

Jade brought the woman's hands to her trembling lips.  “I beg you to stay.”

She felt the hands moves from her holding to her face and carefully wiping the tears from the brunette's face. 

Jade once again speak,  “Don't leave please, Leigh Anne.”

------

A/N: I'm sorry it took ages for me to update.  But here it is.  So,  Leighade shippers?  Are we winning?  😏❤️