#19 : After Moon

AFTER MOON - SAKOOK

*

Jungkook stared at the moon outside his window. It reminded him of the mooncakes that Sana once baked for him. He smiled, thinking of those little things that she would do just to cheer him up.

He closed his eyes and recalled her sweet voice. At times like these, Sana would probably nag him to go to sleep and he would say no since he still wants to cuddle with her.

He then opened his eyes and the first thing that he saw was his wrist. He has a tattoo that says "사나" on it. He got that tattoo a few weeks ago.

He held it, "I'll write your name in case I forget." He whispered. He stared at it for a few minutes until he heard a phone call from his pocket. He fished his phone and saw the caller ID's name. His heart sank when he saw that it wasn't Sana.

With a happy voice, he answered it. "Hello?"

"How come you're still awake?" It was his mother.

"Eomma..." he trailed off. He may be having a hard time, but his mother is having a harder time than him. "...why did you call?"

"I was just checking up on my son." She giggled from the other line.

"I get it. Wait for me." Jungkook hung up and took his coat. It was one of these moments where Jungkook knows what is happening to his mom. He's been doing this since middle school.

He drove to his mother's place and saw her sitting on the couch. She had a few beer bottles stumbled on the carpet and she seemed drunk. "Mom?" He muttered, so she took a look back on her son and stood up to give him a hug. "Mom, stay seated." Jungkook held her shoulders and helped her sit down. "What happened?" He asked.

"N-Nothing..." she played with her fingers and Jungkook seemed unconvinced.

"Really?"

"Fine," she let out a sigh. "Jaeyoong and I broke up."

"Just as I thought." He nodded his head. "Why does love hurt?" He asked his mom which made her curve her lips upwards.

"It's not love if you're not hurting, son." She held his hand and placed her head on his shoulder. "What happened?"

"If I'll sleep," he said. "Would I be able to see her again?" She faced him and gave out the most sincere smile. Jungkook's chest started clenching again. He hates it whenever his mom smiles like that. He hates how kind his mother is. She's so kind that it's okay for her to get her heart broken every time. She doesn't care if she will have another failed relationship.

"Maybe," she shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe she's outside your place, waiting for you. Maybe she's hesitating to say sorry. Maybe she's not ready to face you. No one knows, sweetie." Jungkook smiled and nodded at what his mother had told him.

*

That evening, Jungkook decides to stay with his mom for a while before he goes back to his place.

He was awake until midnight, thinking of the same woman that made and broke him. He kept on glancing at his tattoo over and over, muttering Sana's name.

"Maybe if I'll sleep, I'll see you in my dreams." He uttered. He believed in that. He believed in his own words, wishing that he will see her in his dreams. Atleast, in his dreams.

When the morning sun came, he opened his eyes. I did not see you in my dreams. He was disappointed.

He stood up and looked outside the window. And I will not probably see you in the morning.

--*

Follow my ig acct: @bangteuwaiseu

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! : D