Chapter 19 High

I hate you.

Avni said glaring at him.

Not wasting another second Neil turned around and the paleness on his face clearly showed his shocked reaction.

What ? Why?..

Before he could ask further she again said now with firmness I hate you !!

Avni was never a humourous lady but her sarcastic remarks always made others chuckle .

But the wild company of an extremely wild and stupid friend makes you wild too.

The wildness in their dictionary was to scare each other on the pretext of fun.

And Miss ACP certainly did some reading before.

But what she saw next was neither expected nor intended.

Oh no!

........

I hate you.

That's what I heard . Unbelievable?!

I asked again after striking off the thought that it was my hallucination.

Because without doubt I feel her.

Her soft ,cold yet warmth radiating hands which felt like home.

So I turned around to see her .

She stood right in front of me in her purple pyjamas and black sweat shirt. Her hair left open as usual.

Would you stop admiring her?

My brain just told me and then I replied to my subconscious mind "I want to But I can't ."

She again hurt my burning wound by repeating those three words no one would ever wish to hear.

No!!

My heart screamed.

And before I could register anything tears fell from my eyes.

Hurray ! I am crying.

What else can be more hurting than your dear special friend hating you.

I didn't wipe my tears or hide them like other men would do.

Funny !
I never felt weak when I cry.

Guess I lost another friend due to some reasons best known to her.

But why me!??
'Always'
...........

He stood there motionless as tears left his brown eyes which were now bereft of their warmth.

When I saw his tears I felt something pricking my heart .
It hurt.

Immediately I wiped his tears with my thumb and engulfed him in a warm embrace.

I couldn't figure out when my tear glands activated . And why!

I just couldn't see him sad . It pains to see him broken.

"I am sorry Neil"