Chapter 16 The Trust

"I had a bad dream ."
It came out as mere whisper.

I understood her . I have seen nightmares in my life even when my eyes were open.
The fear and insecurities these dreadful dreams bring with them is the lest I wanna talk about.

Her face was low it missed the usual glow and brightness she spreads in the vicinity.

The brightness which is too much for my dark soul.

"Shrug it off ."
I reminded myself before going back to work.

"Avni ."
I said in a such a soft voice that for a second I doubted it to be mine.

She looked up.Tired.

Inhaling deeply I requested rather assured by singing something impromptu. Something I had never done before.

Come with me
Come along
Stay with me
Stay along

Believe me
I won't let go

I will stay
Even when
you want me to go
Trust me

Hold me hand
I will take you along
To places unique as us
And Calm like the sea.

"You can share it with me . Just like I share my real life tragic experiences with you."

She let out a laugh. It was not a hearty one but was enough for me to believe that she was there with me.

"Okay . I will . And how can I even refuse Mr cute poetic Khanna."

She immediately realised that she had alloted me another nickname . Something only your close ones tend to do.

This one a bit too lovely.

She bit her lip and muttered under her breath ,Shit!

All this while her words kept ringing in my dumb mind. And I kept smiling goofily .

"She thinks you are cute. C-U-T-E cute. What is the definition of cute anyway?"

"Shut . Up ."

I silently scolded my brain and to prevent further awkwardness asked her to go on.

But before she could tell me about anything her phone disturbed us once again.

Damn this phone!!

She picked it up said something which I wasn't able to figure out because my only area of concentration was her.

Finally she ended and stood up telling me that she is leaving for some important work at police station.

As soon as she turned around to leave I caught her back. Causing her to swirl back into my arms .

I looked into her eyes as she looked into mine.

Her hand rested on my shirt unlike the first time when she had her fists ready to beat the hell outta me.

But not this time . Because this time is different .

This time she trusts me.

I stared at her . My one hand holding hers while other at her back .