Chapter 10 One step closer

The rain stopped and we started walking .

Unaware of the destination as all we cared about was the journey .

The wet puddles on the pavement and the cloudy sky was my favourite always .

The grey horizon with shapeless clouds like the thoughts of a child which were so naive yet real.

The light in the dark had been the support system for my once broken soul.

I looked up to witness feather like drops falling on me. And then looked beside to see her ..

She looked so calm like the sea. Her head was down with a sly smile on her face and a strange glow too.

We exchanged our numbers so that she can continue the investigation with my help.

I wanted to ask her why she was standing near the bridge on that never forgettable day of my life .

Because as far as I remembered I saw loneliness when I saw her.
So without wasting another milli or rather micro second I blurted out .

"Why did you go near the bridge that day ?"

Her glowing face started to turn into a pale one and then into a red one .
She glared and answered " You are still high on those police instincts aren't you !"

I smirked .

"Look Mr Think Wrong I was not attempting a suicide first of all and secondly every person needs some me time right."

My lips formed a slight pout and I nodded and the opened them again "You very well know that I have been trained to catch lairs ,don't you?"

She gulped .

I could read her face like I could read others. The first time I saw her it was difficult but I am gradually improving, I thought.

"Well done Neil Khanna ."I applauded myself .

" Self praising too high ain't it."

Shit she heard me . I thought .

"Uh no nothing like that but ..."

My active voice was interrupted by the not so melodious ringtone of hers.

"Yeah...Sure mom. I am with a friend .Yeah I will find one soon.
Yeah okay . I will take care ,I promise ."
She said before finally signing off.

I understood every mother cares for her children and daughters they are special .

"What will you find?"I asked .

My curiosity will definitely be the reason of either great heights or my murder .😅

"Ummm nothing ."she replied in a cold voice .

I started clapping and then sang in a dramatic baritone,"Humne tumhe yaar maana par Tum to Hume bhool gye...." {I thought you to be a friend but you forget me }

"Stop it Neil people are watching ."she ordered and gave me a dangerous look.

For a minute I thought I am going to be killed any minute now.

But I gathered some courage and replied ,"A minute ago I was your friend and now this !!"

"Fine Mr Nautanki . I will tell you ."She said giving up .

"Yipeee"I shouted attracting the passers-by to look at us mentally thinking us to be maniacs .

"I was living with my friend for a month but now her parents are back and I can't find a house so quick so I have been living in hotel . And ...my mum's a bit concerned ."
She said all in one breadth .

"No problem .You can stay in my house until you find one .I have a room free ."

"But I .."

I cut her off midway .

"And I am not alone my Bebe is with me."

"But I hope it is not a burden and I will pay the rent ."she said .

"Yeah fine."I knew she had a lot of self respect and I respected it.

I could stop my cheek muscles from curving into a smile so I turned my head aside.

"So you can come tomorrow . I will message you the address."

"I hope it would be clean ." She joked.

My sarcastic mode turned on.
"Nope I am inviting you to a very dirty place ,full of mosquitoes ..."

"I was joking ."She laughed .

"Don't worry an artist doesn't mess around but I do ."

And we broke into fits of laughter .

Time is a rotating wheel once bad it will rotate and good time will come ,albeit late but it will.

I hope you like it .
Do drop your comments I am open for views and suggestions .
Love
Tuhina