The First Rule of Fight Club

Scott placed the microphone back on its stand, allowing Ed to take the stage while the guests cleared a path for Chris and Denise to walk towards the dance floor. Everyone was smiling at the couple, words and phrases like "congratulations", "we're so happy for the both of you", "Denise, you look breathtaking", "Chris, looking dashing", and "the ceremony was beautiful" greeted them with jovial tones. Chris and Denise smiled, nodding with gratitude at their sweet comments and their attendance. The proper responses could occur later. For now, they just wanted to get their first dance in as a married couple.

The one detour they made happened when they spotted Sebastian and Luca standing in the crowd. After all they did, Chris and Denise had to hug and thank them. Without Sebastian and Luca, their wedding wouldn't have gone as smoothly as it did. Without Sebastian- they'd found out from Ed- they wouldn't have had that special moment under the oak tree. "Thank you for everything," Chris and Denise told them. "We are definitely at your service when your wedding comes along." Sebastian and Luca smiled and promised, "we will most definitely utilize that prerogative."

Ed started strumming a slow, easy listening melody on his guitar; a melody that sounded nothing like 'Perfect' confusing those who'd expected it to be. After that moment under the oak tree, Chris and Denise decided their first dance song was not to be 'Perfect' anymore. They still loved the song and it was still going to be their song, but that was it- it was theirs. A perfect moment to match the song had been had, they didn't want to taint that memory with a different one- one that had to be shared with three hundred and fifty-six people. They wanted to be selfish. They wanted to keep that song and how it was their song to themselves. They'd told Ed earlier which was why he decided to play 'Kiss Me' instead, another song the bride loved that was just as romantic.

"Settle down with me,
Cover me up,
Cuddle me in

Lie down with me,
And hold me in your arms"

"Our first dance as husband and wife," Chris' left hand took Denise's right and his right snaked around to rest on her lower back whereas her left rested on his shoulder. After watching first dance videos on YouTube for inspiration, they decided they were fine with the traditional Nightclub Two Step. "I have to admit, this is pretty cool."

"And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love"

"Pretty cool?" Denise scoffed then giggled when he smiled. "That is an understatement because this is awesome. We're officially married, Chris. It's just you and me now, until the end of the line. Legally bounded for the rest of our lives." She said and immediately, his lips pursed. "What?" She giggled, gently slapping his arm.

"How long before I'm no longer allowed an annulment?" He jokingly asked.

"You're a jerk," she laughed, making him laugh as he leaned in and kissed her lips.

"And now I'm your jerk," he whispered and pressed his cheek against hers.

"Yes you are," she smiled then sighed with a great deal of satisfaction.

"Settle down with me
And I'll be your safety
You'll be my lady

I was made to keep your body warm
But I'm cold as the wind blows so hold me in your arms

Oh no
My heart's against your chest, your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet
And with this feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now"