One Day, An Oscar

Burbank was where Chris took Denise after breakfast at the cute little corner bistro she loved so much. A tour of Marvel Studios was given, and introductions were held with a few known veterans of the industry she was zealous to be apart of. Chris even managed to get Denise a quick five minutes with the very busy Kevin Fiege. She had to chat with him while he was on the move from meeting to meeting, but she was still incredibly grateful for the opportunity. In the short five minutes, she successfully proved how passionate she was and was offered a proper meeting as soon as she graduated. The second she thought Kevin was out of earshot, she squealed and jumped excitedly, drawing smiles from both Chris and Kevin.

It was that particular reaction that explained why Chris Evans would go through so much trouble for a girl people told Kevin was, "just a fan he met at an airport." Denise was sweet and humble and passionate, and Kevin wouldn't be surprised if months later he'd heard Chris ended up dating her. The chemistry between them was incandescent. He didn't need the sense of sight to see the way Chris looked at Denise, it could be felt. It was subtle, but it was undeniably a look of love.

Love.

A strange concept: love. It could either be the simplest of things, or the most complicated. Unfortunately for them, it was the latter. Neither wanted to admit anything, due to fear of getting hurt. That was the thing about love, despite how wonderful it could make a person feel- there was also the chance of it ruining an entire being. A wrong move, a poorly chosen word, bad timing- all of these were factors capable of tearing a soul into pieces.

Chris couldn't do that to Denise, he couldn't take away that light she carried; a light of hope and excitement for life and love. She was the girl who still believed she could meet the love of her life in a coffee shop, and in love at first sight. She was the girl who hated the idea of casual dating. She was a hopeless romantic, who thought love was just like the movies. Denise had an incredibly innocent heart Chris wanted to both force his way into, but also meticulously protect. He wanted her to have a lifetime of happiness and he wasn't yet sure if he could provide that for her. But God, he was starting to realize she was a girl he wasn't going to get over easily. If he found out tomorrow she was going on a date with another man, he'd both be ecstatic and heartbroken.

Chris took his eyes off the road for a brief second to throw a glance Denise's way. It'd been fifteen minutes since she got into the car, but she was still smiling at the pass hanging around her neck. He'd made it himself. It had both her name and the phrase "VIP - Chris Evans' Very Important Person" on it. She looked over at him as he turned back to the road, smiling when she saw him smile. She still couldn't believe her luck; it'd been exactly thirty-eight days since she met Chris and she was still living in a daze. Every morning, she'd wake with a smile on her face- not because of the 'good morning' texts he'd sent her, but because she woke knowing she had him in her life. It was a joyous feeling, one she hoped she'd never have to give up.

"Thank you for today, Chris." Denise told Chris, smiling. He glanced at her and smiled back, nodding in acknowledgement. "You're right about it being worth my time, I couldn't imagine spending today any other way. This has just been an absolute dream come true, honestly-" she cut herself off, chuckling, "you're the best, the absolute best."

"It's not over yet," he threw another smile her way. "We've still got one more stop before we call it a day, and um-" he pulled his car to a stop; she looked out and saw the Dolby Theatre. "You might want to do a quick costume change." He told her then got out of the car before she could question him further. "C'mon," he called as he knocked on the back windshield.