Wedding Band

The day of the concert the couple took a cab to TD Garden instead of driving because they agreed parking would've been horrendous even if they were to get there early. Though the gates only opened at 5:30PM, there were already hundreds and thousands of people waiting and wandering the area. If it had been up to Denise, they would've showed up a little later; as close to 5:30PM as they could possibly get. Denise didn't want to wait in line with the rest of the fans considering who her fiancé was, and how many times her face had been on a magazine in the past few months. But Chris had a point when he said "it's probably in our best interest if we get there earlier, we'll be beating an even bigger crowd." So there they were outside TD Garden with all the other eager fans, both their faces hidden behind sunglasses and under baseball caps.

"Come here." Chris pulled Denise along with him as he circled around the barrier. She didn't know what he was trying to do, but it looked like he was trying to cut to the front of the line. She quickly yanked on his hand when she heard people demanding that they "queue like the rest of us!" She fought futilely against the strength she'd never been able to beat, inevitably quitting. She kept her head down and followed him like a lost, but mostly embarrassed puppy. "Chris Evans," he whispered his name to the man at the door, passing him a blue notecard that had something scribbled across the top.

"I've got Chris Evans at the door, Chris Evans has arrived." The man spoke into his communication device then nodded at the response. "We've got someone coming out to meet you." Denise heard the man tell her fiancé and her heart jumped with excitement. Chris looked over at her and chuckled when she squealed as quietly as she could. "They'll give you a pair of VIP passes, please keep them around your neck at all times. After you," he opened the door for them and Chris walked in, pulling an overexcited Denise along with him.

"Oh my God, Chris!" She whispered-shouted and Chris chuckled. "This is so cool, I've never been a proper VIP with privileges before. When I went to see Taylor Swift with my mom, we did not get this treatment. We queued like the rest of them, for like- six or seven hours in the hot, hot sun. There were ants on the ground and- Yeah, my mom was not happy," she giggled in reminiscent as he released her hand to wrap an arm around her instead.

"I'm not surprised. I mean- six or seven hours in a queue? Under the hot, hot sun? With ants on the ground? What normal person could be happy with that?" He was teasing because he knew very well that was one of the best days of his fiancée's life. "Well, no more." He told her. "You are only going to get VIP treatment from now on, I promise." He kissed the top of her head and she smiled, her arm looping around his waist as she leaned into him.

"Chris Evans and Denise Hogan." A very familiar British accent greeted the both of them, causing Denise to trip over nothing and stumble slightly. She looked up and saw Ed Sheeran walking towards them with two passes dangling from his hand, swinging left and right in the air. Denise's jaw dropped and she darted her gaze at Chris then back at Ed, then again at Chris. No words could fathom her thoughts and emotions at that very moment; she was starstruck. "Welcome to my 'Divide' tour." He handed the passes over to Chris who took both with a grateful smile.

"You're Ed Sheeran," was all Denise could get out, much like the first time she laid eyes on Chris. Both Chris and Ed stifled their laughter, they'd clearly discussed what her first reaction would be upon meeting him. "Oh my God," her voice quivered as she breathed out those three words. "This is amazing," she whispered to herself.

"She's a big, big fan," Chris chuckled, holding out his hand to shake Ed's. "Thank you so much for this, I don't know how I would've gotten tickets if it weren't for you." Ed smiled and nodded then looked over at Denise. She smiled but still couldn't find the words to speak. "Yeah," Chris spoke for her, "I think she's going to need a few minutes."