Something New, Something Blue

The day started earlier for the ladies than it did for the men. As the bride, the members of the bridal party, and the moms of both bride and groom- the ladies had a lot more to do and prepare for. They were all up and at it by 7:00AM, gathering everything they needed to haul over to the wedding location to set up in the bridal suite. Chris and Denise were getting married at a private property in Malibu, a beautiful and romantic garden setting that accommodated all their three hundred and fifty-six guests. It was an overwhelming number of people which Chris and Denise had tried and failed to minimize. Other than the fact that they both came from big families, they had a lot of friends they wanted to invite. He was Chris Evans, and Denise was an incredibly sweet person who wanted to invited the girls on Tumblr who'd supported her through and through. Other than Chris, they were part of the reason she'd decided to pursue screenwriting. The only way she could think of to repay them was an invitation to the wedding everyone was talking about.

An hour after the ladies arrived and settled in the bridal suite, the prep team Denise had hired arrived and started doing her hair, nails, and makeup. She sat humming to her music while a group of professional beauticians worked on her, and the rest made sure she had nothing to worry about. Luca, Tara, Teresa, and Catherine took the initiative to go outside, making sure the setup was going according to plan. The four moms were still in Los Angeles, getting the groom and his groomsmen sobered up and ready for the wedding. Carly, Shanna, and Stella stayed with Denise, getting her anything and everything she needed. By the time the beauticians were done with Denise, it was 1:27PM and they began to work on her bridesmaids and flower girl. The moms, the dads, the rest of their families, as well as Chris and his groomsmen had arrived at the location. The moms joined the bride and her bridal party in the bridal suite, the dads and the brothers hung out in the lounge where they had access to an open bar, and Chris and his groomsmen completed any and all final touches before the wedding started at 3:00PM.

Time was passing incredibly fast. Soon the three hundred and fifty-six guests would start flooding in and the wedding ceremony would begin. Denise was nervous, as was Chris. It didn't have anything to do with cold feet, it was more the limelight that bothered them. Heavy security detail had been hired and releases were to be signed before the guests entered the premise. Neither Chris nor Denise wanted their special day trending all over the internet, they wanted the event to be as private as possible. If a photo was to be put out, it had to be authorized by them. That was the deal, it was even written on the invitation- there was to be no photo leaks or reaction tweets. All forms of congratulations were to be done in person at the wedding, not over social media for the whole world to see. The news of their wedding would be shared with Chris' fans eventually, but not on their wedding day. Their wedding day had to be about them and only them, there couldn't be fans or paparazzi trying to scout out their location, or tweeting mean and bitter comments at, or about them.

"Wow." Every single person in the room gasped when Denise walked out from the dressing room. It was 2:25PM and she'd finally changed into her wedding dress. Each time she wore it, it felt more and more like the dress had been designed specifically for her. Denise's smile reached her eyes when she scanned the room. The looks on their faces answered the question she wanted to ask: "how do I look?"

"Sweetheart." Tina walked towards Denise and took her hands. "You look-" She was at a lost for words, shaking her head in utter disbelief. She'd always known her daughter was beautiful but she couldn't have imagined how beautiful she would've looked on her wedding day. She'd truly grown into a woman in the last two and a half years. "You look amazing, just- just perfect." She looked over her shoulder at the rest of the women in the room and they all nodded in agreement. "You're perfect," she squeezed Denise's hands then released them, hugging her tightly.

"Thanks, Mom." Denise hugged her back just as tightly.

"My son's heart is positively going to explode when he sees you," Lisa told Denise.