17. He Proposes

Gabe:

You and your boyfriend, Gabe, are taking a walk down the beach. You two just had a lovely dinner at your favorite restaurant and decided to get out of your uncomfortable shoes by digging your feet into the sand. Your heels in one hand and the other holding Gabe's, as you two make your way down the long stretch of the beach. The sun is slowly beginning to set over the ocean. The sky look like a watercolor painting with all the warm colors. It's the kind of sky that makes your heart sing.

"The sunset is so beautiful," you say softly, almost afraid to break the soothing sounds of the waves by your voice.

Gabe continues to stare out into the sunset with you as you two walk. "Yeah...it really is...but it is just a sunset. We only get to see its beauty for a short period of time each day." He looks to you with a tiny smile and says, "You're so much more beautiful than a sunset, Y/N."

"Are you TRYING to make me blush?!" you say looking away from his gaze, trying not to giggle.

He grins. "Is it working?"

You turn to him and sassily say, "Obviously," before pulling his face in to yours for a kiss.

You two continue to walk farther down the beach along with the sun and the sand pipers. Right before the sun is about to set Gabe stops walking.

"Gabe, what is it-"

"-Close your eyes," he says quickly, cutting you off.

"But why-"

"-Just do it please."

You sigh confused, "Okay," and shut your eyes.

He takes your hands and leads you a few steps further down the beach.

"Keep them closed!" he warns.

"I am!" you say teasingly.

Finally he stops pulling you forward. "Okay, you can open them," he says.

You blink your eyes open and see that you're on the top of the beach cliff, looking out over the ocean. If you turn to the left you can see the stretch of beach you and Gabe just walked down, even the restaurant off in the distance!

Standing in front of you is Gabe with a nervous smile on his face, with the setting sun behind him. In one swift motion he gets down on one knee and holds up a ring box, slowly opening it to reveal a diamond ring.

Your eyes widen, darting back and forth from the ring to Gabe's face.

"Y/N...you are the love of my life. I've known it since the first day we met and I want to spend the rest of my life with you...Y/F/N...will you marry me?" he asks.

"Yes," you say teary eyed but smiling. You start to giggle uncontrollably. "Yes!" you repeat, nodding your head like a bobble head.

Gabe grins giddy as well and stands up pulling you in for a passionate kiss that leaves you breathless. When you break apart the sun has set and it is now night with the moon shining over you two.

"I love you so much," you try to say without crying, holding him close to you in a tight hug.

"I love you too, Y/N. So much," he responds chuckling a bit, stroking your hair in your embrace.

David:

It's almost one in the morning when your phone buzzes you awake. You roll over out of your sleep to see who's calling; it's David, your boyfriend.

"Hi David" you sleepy say, letting your head fall back on your pillow.

"Can you meet me in the park by your house?" he asks.