Chapter 47

It's been a month since Ryan and I broke up and now it's the end of the school year no more exams or dances and hopefully drama until September. I was relieved now I could tan and hopefully find a better boyfriend and maybe live on the wild side and have fun with my life and give zero fucks.

But what I did know is I miss Dylan and our friendship I wanted to be friends again more than anything. If I could do anything to be his friend I'd promise not to do anything to break him again and I wouldn't let go of him again. So I texted Stasia and Isaac and asked them what I should do.

Isaac suggested that I talked to him face to face and explain how I feel about him.

"I don't have feelings for him"

"But you guys kissed like twice and both kisses meant something to you" Stasia reminds me.

"Josie after he found out you and Ryan he was really depressed I'd never seen him more upset about anything" Isaac says and so I think to myself what could I possibly do or say that will make him forgive.

I then decided to sleep it off and think about it before I went to bed. Since I could care less about what I wore to school since it was the last week to of school I stole my brother's sweatshirt and wore my ripped jeans and put my hair in a ponytail and called it a day.

As I drove to school early I made sure to be at Dylan's locker the moment he walked in. When his eyes met mine he looked surprise and ready to walk away but I called his name out.

"Dylan! Please hear me out"

"Josie save it I don't wanna-"

"I was scared that I wasn't good enough for u and you deserve so much better than me that's why I wasn't with you instead of Ryan" I say without thinking and completely forgetting my plan.

"Josie you think I cared about whether you were good enough or not cause I didn't I just cares if you cared about me which you clearly didn't if u couldn't just tell me the truth and spare me the heartbreak"

"Dylan I-"

"Save it Josie I don't want to stay to figure out the more different ways you could break my heart" he says and it hurts to heart.

"I was broken too" I say and he turns confused.

"What?"

"After I... I broke your heart I was broken too cause I realized I felt the same"

"Wait you were upset too"

"Of course I mean Dylan I really care about you so much I can't even put it into words I-" before I finish my sentence he pulls me into his arms and wraps his arms around me and hugs me. I hug him back and I don't think either of us want to let go of each other which I don't think either of us minded.

"Josephine" he says when we finally let go.

"Dilton" I say and he laughs.

"Ready for summer" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"I've never had a good one to be honest" he says quietly.

"Well this will be your first Marabell Summer so we can all tan together" I say and he laughs.

"Tan? Why do I need one?" He asks and I explain how most guys look hot if they're tan.