First impressions

(Coles pov)

The man who introduced himself as Sensei Wu led me to a temple in the outcasts of town.

Against my better judgement I decided to follow this man. All he did was ask if I wanted to be a ninja, and he could easily just be trying to murder me. He looked weak enough that I could probably take him, but I remind myself not to estimate people on looks.

We start walking up a very long staircase, going on high enough that I couldn't tell what it led to. More and more reasons run through my head on why I shouldn't have followed this stranger, but It doesn't stop me from walking besides the old man up the stairs. 'Geez, I'll do anything to get away from my father.' I think, rolling my eyes to myself.

We reach the end of the stairs, which wasn't a great feat to climb, but I guess to others they would see it that way.

The building in front of me was large and ancient looking, although still holding its structure and was seemingly hidden from the wear down that time brung. Wu walked past me and to the large doors. He pushed them open effortlessly and the swung open with a loud creak.

He waved his hand towards me, making a gesture to follow him. I shrug my shoulders and walk past the opened doors and into the building.

I look around at what seemed to be a training centre, complete with dummies and what I assumed was a type of obstacle course. Closed doors were at the wall in front of me.

All the sudden I heard rustling and soon a voice shouting.

"Just let me have a piece!" A muffled voice came from behind the door. The old man sighed as if yelling was an often thing in the temple.

"You'll have to wait, its for our new teammate." Another voice spoke up, less emotion then the first.

Two people then burst through the doors. The first one holding a cake, while the other one chased after him.

"Students." Wu called loudly, causing the two to stop in their tracks. They both looked over at him then at me.

The one who was chasing after the other was quite short and had poofy chestnut hair, blue eyes, and a face adorned with freckles. He was dressed in Pyjama attire, which was a grey tank top and baggy blue pyjama bottoms that were covered with small sketched stars.

The one holding the cake was taller, with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was more dressed up then other, wearing jeans and a sweater.

"Students, this is Cole. You're new teammate." Wu spoke. I glare at him. Who said I was ever joining? I mean- I wanted to but that's not the point.

"Welcome. I am Zane and this is Jay." The cake holder greeted.

Jay grinned and waved at me. "Good luck surviving sensei's intense training." He spoke. Zane elbowed him.

"You'll do great." Zane assured.

"So.. when can we have cake?"

"Oh, right. Follow me to the kitchen Cole." Zane said as he turned on his heel and walked through the open doors. Jay and I followed behind him.

Zane grabbed a knife from a kitchen drawer and placed the cake down on the table. Jay grabbed plates and forks, placing them on the table. Zane dished out the cake.