Mealtime Madness

En başından başla

"You really think so? Thank you so much, Jieun." Jimin chuckled, and Jieun made a mental note of how resounding and adorable his laugh sounded. Why are the guys in this school so... attractive?

Silence fell over once again between the two, and Jieun saw Jimin's eyes float towards the two of them in front again, who were now chasing after each other and playing tag.

"So..." Jieun felt like she needed to say something.

Jimin turned to look at Jieun again, raising his eyebrows and the corner of his lips slightly. "Mm?"

"You guys are... close friends?" Jieun started, and felt like she was asking too much on her very first day, so she added, "or something?" at the end, as if that would make things any less awkward.

But Jimin didn't seem to mind. He laughed again and Jieun smiled, somehow his laugh made her feel happy.

"Yeah, well. It's four of us actually. Jungkook, Taehyung, Yoojung and I. We've all been friends since elementary school, so yeah, we're close."

Jieun gasped. "Jungkook, as in, Jeon Jungkook from our class?" She knew that if the cold prideful Jeon Jungkook were to even bother talking to them, they must be close enough - but she didn't expect them to share such a bond. For some reason, whether his cold demeanour or his expressionless face, Jieun felt like he would have been someone who grew up and spent his entire childhood alone.

"Yes, him." Jimin caught sight of Jieun's appalled expression and chuckled yet again. "You look awfully shocked."

Jieun nodded, her eyes open wide.

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows, seemingly deep in thought. After a few seconds of silence, he turned his head towards Jieun, with a serious expression on his face.

"You know, Jungkook's actually a really nice person. It's just life that made him this way. Really, please don't mind him."

What made him that way? Jieun didn't even know why she cared so much. But she didn't say anything. Somehow, from the look on Jimin's face, from the way he put on a serious face when he had been smiling all this while... put an obvious message across to Jieun.

Don't say anything, don't ask anything.

~

"AH!!! IT'S THE F4!!!"

The four of them walked into the canteen later that day, and were engulfed by a huge mob of people, cheering loudly as the four of them walked into the canteen. Jieun shot Yoojung a look of pure confusion and Yoojung winked at her cheekily.

"Wha- what's happening?" Jieun asked, looking extremely confused.

"Our fans. You didn't know this, but well," Yoojung let out a shy laugh. "We're actually kind of popular We're known as F4 in our school... 'We' meaning Jeon Jungkook, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung and me, Choi Yoojung."

Jieun gasped as she looked around her. People snapped away on their phones, taking photos of the four of them and squealing in fangirl language. She had only seen this happen before in Korean dramas... But you mean, this kind of thing actually happened in real life?

"Look at those visuals... omo! Look at Taehyung-oppa today... he's so hot!"

"Dammit! I didn't bring my phone on me today! Can you forward me that photo of Jimin-oppa? He looks so cute!"

"Can you girls please just take a look at Choi Yoojung? She's so adorable... she's my ideal type, daebak!"

"Where's Jungkook-oppa today? Did he skip lunch again? Nooooo... that's not good for him!"