Daddy, Not Mommy (Larry)

PROMPT: Hey can you do an age play one shot where Harry's the baby he's about 6 months old and he's been refusing to have his bottle. Which made him get sick with a 39.6 C fever. Then when Louis comes to the boys for advice on what to do with his baby, Uncle Zayn comes up with the idea that Harry needs to be breastfed, while Niall's giving him a cool bath to help with his fever. Louis is nervous and hesitant to take the pills till his baby could be heard sobbing from upstairs so he mans up and takes the lactation pills, and says he'll feed Harry. And while Louis breastfeeds Harry all the boys are watching and cooing from the doorway. Making him subtly fill them the bird, and tell them to leave because "Harry and Daddy need a nap," and then he takes Harry into his room and cuddle

==

Louis found it odd that this morning he was woken up by his actual alarm clock, and not the usual baby babble of Harry over the baby monitor; Harry always beats the clock at waking Louis up, but this morning was different, he supposed.

Louis thought nothing much of it and sat up on his bed, stretching a bit before getting up to go to Harry’s nursery. It was awfully quiet when Louis got in so he figured Harry was still asleep, but when he leaned over the crib he found Harry awake.

“Good morning baby,” Louis cooed. His smile faltered a little when Harry didn’t babble anything or even giggle like he normally would. Instead, Harry just stared up at Louis with tired eyes as he loosely held onto his stuffed monkey, “Molly.”

“What’s the matter?” Louis asked in a concerned tone as he lifted Harry up, of course he knew Harry wouldn’t respond to him while he was in his headspace, but he felt the need to ask. Harry remained silent and limp as Louis held him closer to his chest, and that’s when Louis felt the heat practically radiating off his baby.

Louis pursed his lips and walked around the nursery to look for the thermometer; he hoped against all odds that this wasn’t a fever or anything, even though the heat coming off of Harry was already a sign with blinking neon lights.

“Daddy’s just gonna take your temperature, okay baby?” Louis said in a gentle tone as he sat down on the big chair and undid the tabs on Harry’s diaper. “It’s only gonna take a little while.” Harry gave no signs of complaints and Louis knew then that his baby really was sick; Harry absolutely hated having his temperature taken, he’d usually be fighting against Louis before he even gets Harry’s diaper undone. But now, Harry was basically motionless as Louis laid him over his lap and carefully slid the thermometer up Harry’s bum.

Louis soothingly rubbed Harry’s back as he waited for the thermometer to beep. When it finally did he took it out and looked at the reading; 39.6C. “Shit.” He muttered.

Louis got up with Harry and quickly but carefully put him back into a clean diaper and warmer clothes before looking for any of the lads. He honestly had no idea as to what he was supposed to do; he’s been taking care of Harry ever since he was in a 3 year old headspace, and now he’s at 6 months, but Harry’d never gotten this sick before and Louis just felt helpless.

“Morning Lou.” Niall greeted before taking another sip from his coffee. “Morning Ha--.”

“Harry’s sick.” Louis interrupted, worry etched all over his face. “I don’t know what to do.” He sadly admitted.

“Is he cold?” Niall asked.

“No, I just said he has a fever! He’s radiating heat for crying out loud.” Louis panicked.

Louis… I meant, is he feeling cold or is he feeling warm or something?” Niall corrected.

“Oh.” Louis blushed. He looked at Harry who was tiredly looking up at him and couldn’t help but frown even more. “I don’t know!” Louis said in exasperation. “How am I supposed to know?”