Forgotten Explanations Part 2 (Zianourry)

HARRY's POV

I woke up in the morning thanks to the alarm I forgot to set off. I was up already anyway so I slowly made my way downstairs and found Louis, Liam, and Zayn already having breakfast.

“Morning.” I said as I sat down on my usual seat beside Louis.

“Morning.” The rest of them greeted, nothing more, nothing less. I gave a little sigh as I took some toast and put it on my plate to butter.

“Harry did you go downstairs last night?” Liam asked.

“Yeah…”

“Turn off the lights next time.” Liam sighed, sounding a bit… annoyed?

“M’sorry.” I mumbled, immediately looking down at my toast to avoid eye contact.

“Liam chill, it was just two light bulbs.” I heard Louis say from beside me. “What were you doing up, anyway?” Louis asked in a much gentler tone than Liam used.

“I… just went down for a drink.” I lied. I didn’t really feel like admitting I soiled some sheets again, not with the mood Liam was in. I could tell Louis didn’t believe me, but thankfully he just let it go. Halfway through breakfast Niall decided to join us.

“Morning Niall.” I said, hoping he feels a bit better. “Are we--.” I was going to ask him if we were still hanging out today, but I was cut off by his facial expression and I literally sunk in my seat.

“Niall, Harry greeted you.” Zayn said, looking pointedly at Niall.

“What?” Niall asked as he sat down. “Oh. Morning.” He huffed. Okay so I guess hanging out was out of the question.

Like our car ride home last night, everyone remained silent as we had our breakfast. Once Niall and Zayn were done, the two of them went upstairs without saying one word. Louis left too, but at least he acknowledged me by even just ruffling my hair a bit before leaving. I grabbed my plate and brought it to the sink since our dishwasher was broken and it was mine and Liam’s turn to clean up. I was about to turn around to ask Liam to pass me the rest, since we usually do the dishes by pairs, but he was already gone.

I sighed before gathering all the dishes, silverware and glasses to wash them up in the sink. I was dead tired from last night, but I didn’t really have much of a choice. I got it done in about 15 minutes and just crashed on the sofa for a bit to rest. I didn’t even realize I fell asleep until I was woken up some time later by someone noisily going down the stairs. I sat up straight just in time to see Niall storm through the living room.

“Niall?” I asked, a bit confused. Niall didn’t acknowledge me again, and just went out, slamming the door a bit on his way out. I frowned to myself and shook it off, deciding to just take a shower first.

Lunch was practically the same as breakfast; insanely quiet, and yet again I was left to wash the dishes by myself. I wouldn’t complain on a regular day but the fact that no one was talking and Niall seemed really mad made things just completely worse.

I decided to bake some cupcakes since I knew the lads loved them, in the hopes of having them feel a bit better. I was trying to convince myself that they weren’t mad at me, like what Louis said. Maybe they were just having their own problems… yeah that’s it.

It took an hour and 45 minutes, but I did it! I even used their favorite colors for the icing and everything. I arranged them neatly on a nice platter before grabbing all the utensils and washing the dishes for the third time today, alone. I looked back at my work and couldn’t help but feel pleased with myself. I decorated some to make them look like our outfits from the UAN tour!