The Werewolf in the Basement ~11

Chapter 11

I woke up in his arms like the past two days hadn't happened. I looked up as he shifted a little in his sleep.

He really needs a name. I wonder if he'll be able to pick a name for himself.

I better do it quickly before someone comes. It was nice of them to let us rest but I'm still not sure what to think of them.

They want to know our story but how will I tell them. The courage thing only lasts a few sentences though and if I tell these werewolves about our shared past, will they send us back there? Or just me since I'm not one of them?

I nuzzled into the boy who had tried to protect me so often. He stirred, waking up and tightening his arms protectively around me.

"Morning." He said looking proud of himself. I smile up at him. He was making great progress.

"Good morning." I whispered back gently.

His eyes always held mine with tenderness and caring that I was so unused to seeing, that whenever I saw them in his eyes I would think I was imagining it. I don't see how he could feel like that towards me.

He deserved way better than my pathetic and courage less self. I can't even help him. Ok I have to start doing more for him. Right now I'm all he has and I know that'll change in the near future with this pack around.

First things first. "You need a name. What name would you like?" I say slowly using hand gestures.

He looks at me for a second. "Annabelle." He says sounding confused.

"No, your name. You choose name." I say slowly pointing to him.

He stays silent, a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Ok I'll help you. Ok?" I ask thinking. I look at his face and see that he doesn't really mind.

"How about Adam, Ben, Carter? Ahh...Damon, Enda, George, Ian? Uhh...Ryan-" I stop seeing him show liking towards the name Ryan.

"Ryan?" I say looking at him.

His expression was thoughtful but not like before.

"Ryan." He tested out on his tongue. "Rain." He said.

"No Ryan." I say thinking he was miss-pronouncing the word.

"Rain. Name Rain please." He says slowly, concentrating on the words. There was a hint of pleading in his voice.

"Rain." I said thinking. That sounds good. Suits him too, I think.

"Ok." I say smiling. He smiles back, a dazzling smile that lights up the room. He's happy, that's all I seem to care about. If he's happy or not and I don't mind.

I'll tell the people here my story. That way they can help him, but just the alpha and Tom.

A few minutes later the door opens and I tense up, jumping back onto Rain's lap where his arms wrap protectively tight around me. His new name already natural to form in my mind.

It's Annie who comes through the door. She looks at me and Rain with a dubious expression.

"Hey guys. Good morning. The alpha would like to speak to the two of you. He says he was pretty shocked last night and needed time for what you said to sink in." She says sweeping a hand towards the door.

"Come on now. When you're finished talking to the alpha I'll bring you to the kitchen for breakfast." Annie says reaching out to grab my arm.

I jumped back and suddenly Rain's arms held me, pressed against his back. He's protecting me. I pressed myself into his back, scared. I thought Annie wouldn't hurt me guess this is when they stop being nice.

I heard Annie gasp and I peeked around Rain's back to see a shocked Annie whose expression changed to sadness when she caught my eye.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you, ok? You're safe here. I was just trying to help you out." She whispers the last part.

Rain turned around and wrapped his arms around me so that my back was pressed against his chest and my good leg stood on his foot.

Annie began walking down the hallway and Rain followed with her glancing back sheepishly with a sad expression.

Annie stopped in front of the door to the alpha's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Called a voice from the other side of the door.

Annie opened the door and stood back a little to let us pass. Rain made sure I was the other side of him as we walked through the door. He's really protective when he wants to be.

Too bad he won't be around me in the future to make me feel safe.

The alpha pointed to the chair we sat in last night and watched with a sad expression as we took our seat warily with Rain shooting glances around the room and having his arms wrapped protectively around me.

"Could you tell us the story?" He says glancing at Tom who stood in a corner, trying unsuccessfully to look unimposing.

They both seemed to give off a sense of authority and power. It scared me and if Rain wasn't trying so hard to look brave and strong he'd look scared too.

How could he be so brave? I have to be as strong as him now.

I took a deep breath. "My name is Annabelle and h-his name is Rain." Rain took my hand and squeezed gently comforting me greatly. "My p-parents treated me as a slave and o-one d-day I went down to the b-basem-ment and meat Rain. He was.....

************************************************

Comment, Vote, Fan!!!