The Werewolf in the Basement ~20

Chapter 20

Rain's P.O.V

I was holding in growls of anger as Zane walked away. I could smell the fear rolling off her.

I looked at her and our gazes locked. I was shocked to see some anger in her eyes.

I realised we needed to talk and got up. I wasn't entirely surprised when Annabelle didn't go on my back but I wouldn't challenge that now.

I pulled her to me supporting her completely and walked out of the cafeteria, steal faced.

Annabelle pointed to the library and we went in and to the farthest corner of the room.

Annabelle leaned against the wall and put her head in her hands. "I'm so sorry Rain. I guess I didn't see what the big picture would be."

I understood now that she thought those 'lap dog' insults were her fault.

"You know it isn't your fault. They just want an excuse, like the man."

She cringed at that but I continued. "I'm the one who makes you and I'm not just going to stop helping because of some name calling."

We both laughed at that. Name calling was nothing to us.

"I don't like confrontation, you know that, but I will protect you when it comes to this.... bullying." I said with determination.

I know I could never beat them with words but I could hit them where it hurt. I knew how to beat someone in a fight, I know the places that hurt most when punched or kicked from years of experience.

Annabelle looked at me with a little admiration. "If they decide to ship me off, you stay and be happy."

She seemed so sad. She has good reason to be upset, she might have to go 'home'.

"I won't let that happen if it's the last thing I do." I replied.

"Should we just ignore them for now?" Annabelle asked solomly.

"Yeah." I nod.

I pulled her to me and we kissed for a long moment. She's so perfect, I thought as the fire of passion blazed through me from her lips, her touch.

We pulled away and with her on my back headed towards the lockers to get the books for class.

After school the guys met up with their other friends so it was just me and Annabelle in the dorm.

We finished our homework quickly and then Annabelle started cleaning as if she were in a race.

"Annabelle don't strain yourself."

"I'm ok." She replied, not even looking up from where she was scrubbing the floor.

"Look, ju-"

"Rain I need to do this, I need to do something." She said cutting me off.

I did understand. She was so used to working so hard that doing nothing made her jittery.

"Hey I found out something new today." I say, hoping to destract her.

"You know how werewolves aren't allowed change in the school?" She nodded absent mindedly. "Well we're allowed to change in our dorm rooms." I said a little excited.

I needed to change. That's what anger does.

This time she looked up, smiling. "Do you want to change now?"

I nodded before shifting quickly. The smell of the cleaning agent Annabelle was using asailed my nose, burning it.

I felt my face scrunch up and so did she.

"Sorry." She murmered closing the bottle and putting everything away.

She headed to the closet and pulled out a sweeping brush, heading to our room.

I padded along behind her and then noticed she was walking normally with no trace of a limp.

I cocked my head at her.

She paused wondering what my silent question was, I nudged her leg.

I saw it click into place on her face. She looked down in a bit of a wondering way.

Annabelle stepped onto the once damaged leg and smiled to herself.

 I was so excited for her. That leg has been giving her trouble for so long.

That nasty gash wasn't discovered because she didn't think it was impotant.

When it was discovered it was oozing, infected and the doctor said she had bllod poisoning. To make matters worse the wound kept opening and heal properly no matter how many stitches and ointments.

Annabelle started twirling around the room excitedly.

My tail began wagging as a plan formed in my head. I jumped her, licking her all over as we landed on the bed.

Annabelle was giggling and squirming while wolfy laughs came from my mouth.

We played for a while and then settled down. I changed and we went to bed after the guys came home.

We were both dreading tomorrow a little, wondering just what crap they'd come up with.

*****************************************************************************************

Mom has finished her work on the comp!! Wooh, more time on it for me!!!

Vote!! Comment!! Fan!!