The Werewolf in the Basement ~9

Chapter 9

Annabelle's P.O.V

I hit the ground hard after being thrown off his back. I looked over and saw wolves jumping on him. Suddenly I felt something to my side.

I looked over to see a man approaching me. I backed away but there was another man behind me.

"Calm down. It's ok. See, he wont go near you anymore." He said pointing to the wolf that was now unconscious, the only person who ever cared for me was being taken away.

I tried to stand, to run to him but big arms went around my waist, i was spun around and thrown carefully over the man's shoulder.

I struggled. I told him to let us go, to let him go, to not hurt him. He just kept going, ignoring my protests. I was brought to a room and set down in a corner beside a bed, I immediately sank to the floor because of my leg and because i was trying to make my self smaller.

The man knelt down beside me. "I wont hurt you." He said softly. I don't understand. He just said I'd never see 'him' again. I don't know what's goin on.

Suddenly the door opened and a woman a flowing blue skiirt that went to the floor and a black sequened t-shirt. She walked over to us with a gentle smile on her lips. I never saw a smile like that, maybe it means an even worse beating than the past ones.

I shrank away. "Now Tom you leave this to me. She is obviously afraid of weres, so off you go." She said shooing him away.

After he was gone she turned her attention to me.

"Look at you. So much hurt caused to such a young girl. I wonder what kind of monster would do that?" She murmered the last part to herself.

"My name Annie. What's yours?" She asked.

I tried shrinking away even more. It didn't work, she just came closer.

"Shh, don't be afraid. I wont hurt you, you're safe now. The weres here are very nice." She looked at me. "Your still scared. You know I'm not a were right, I can't be." She said laughing.

What? How come she couldn't be a were?

"You don't know!" She stated surprised and shocked. I jumped at the sudden change of tone."Oh! I didn't mean to scare you, but I thought you'd know. Have you ever seen a female wereolf?" I shook my head, I could've added more but I was scared she'd use it as an excuse to punish me.

"Exactly" She went on. "It's impossible to be a female were. Sure, girls are born from a were but the girl would be 100% human. Something to do with cycles and womanly hormones." She laughed.

Well I didn't know that. I wonder if 'he's' ok? My mind keeps going back to him.

I have to help him. At night when their all asleep I'll go to him. The keys should be down there.

She stayed a while more trying to get me to talk.

Straight away another girl came with a steaming plate of food.

"Hi I'm Lucy. i hear you haven't spoken a word. That's hard considering Annie is known for loosening tongues." She giggles quietly.

"Are you hungry?" Of course the whole let her think she's going to eat. I hope they give some to 'him'. They wouldn't be mean to one of there own.

She pushed the to my feet. I couldn't resist. I grabbed the plate and stuffed myself. When would she try and take it off me? How many days have I only eaten a few berries and before that nothing at all?

The point is I was starving and I've never eaten hot food before, this much food before.

I finished quickly and for the first time in my life my stomach didn't protest from to little food.

I took a glance up to make sure she wasn't going to pounce or something. Lucy looked sad. Why? Did I do something to upset her? Oh no.

"When was the last time that bastard of a wolf feed you?" She said in a voice that sounded angry and sad at the same time.

Why was she saying such a thing about 'him'?

When it was dark she left, locking the door because they thought I'd run from fear.

The next day passed and i was even more confused. People kept saying how much of a monster the wolf was, how they were nothing like him and that I was safe.

I didn't understand. They contradicted everthing they said.

They didn't lock the door this time so I hobbled towards it using the bed for support.

At least I didn't have to pretend nothing was wrong. I hobbled down the hall towards the basement.

I crossed the hall, nearly calapsing. I reached the door, it opened but there were no keys by the door.

Good job the door wasn't locked. I slid down the stone steps on my bum.

There wasn't much light so I switched on a light and everything was illuminated.

The walls across from me were bare apart from some chains. No keys.

To my side by the stairs was a cell. I held onto the bars for support, I shook the door trying to get it open.

I moved over two steps before sliding to the floor exhausted from getting down here. That's when I looked in the cell. He was chained to the wall by the neck.

He changed right before my eyes. The chain tightening as he tries to get to me.

"Annabelle" He murmered trying to pull the chain over his head.

That's when I broke down.

"I'm so sorry. I-I should have done more. And now I-I c-can't find the k-keys. I'm soooo sorry. I don't know what to do. How to f-find the keys." A sob broke through my chest. The tears flowed freely down my cheeks.

I heard the chain rattle, I looked up sniffleing.

"No raindrops." He said slowly and softly. There was hurt and concern in his eyes.

"Tears" I said pointing to a tear I could feel rolling down my cheek.

"No tears. Please." He whispered, more urgently.

"I haven't cried for so long." I whispered, letting out a dry laugh at my stupidity.

He looked at me a little confused, cocking his head to the side, the way he always did when he wanted to know what I said.

"I cry" I said, trying to explain it to him. "Cry."

"Cry" He whispered.

"I want to help you but I don't know how. They haven't hurt me yet but they'll get fed up of me soon. Have they hurt?"

I was so worried. He didn't deserve what happened to him and he didn't deserve this.

We sat there looking at each other.....

Tom's P.O.V (Guy from before.)

I made my way quickly but quietly down the hall. I just came from the basement. I had heard everything they said and more importantly saw the truth.

I didn't think he could be a victim too. We made a big mistake locking him up. I should have known when she was struggling and saying not to hurt him. I thought I misheard her.

I got the keys and made my way back with the alpha and his wife behind me. Some others came too.

**************************************************

Comment, Vote, Fan!!