The Werewolf in the Basement ~8

Chapter 8

Annabelle's P.O.V

It's been four days since we escaped. Right now I'm waking up from a very sound sleep in the arms of the boy who saved me.

I think I trust him but I'll have to be careful in case he's using me. I doubt that though but after everything that's happened I can't rule it out.

He knows a lot more words and can understand me more. He also knows what berries to pick and insists in his own way that he do it.

We've been following the river since he found it. Right now it's about 5:30 in the evening.

I look up and see he's awake as well and is just looking at me intently, he's been doing that a lot lately but I can't say anything because I look back. I could get lost in his eyes forever.

I look away feeling my cheeks burn. I feel his hand coming towards my face and tense awaitin impact. Instead of hurt as I suspected there was a hand carefully caressing my face. The calloused hand brushed my cheek where the burning sensation was and had gone out of fear.

I looked at him. How was I lucky enough to find someone like him? He seemed to want to keep me safe. I loved the feeling of safety that surrounded him and kept me craving to be in his arms.

As I saw him coming back it started to drizzle lightly. I loved the feeling of it on my skin almost as much as I liked the feel of the boy's hands on me.

Did I just think that? How could I? I don't like him like that! I can't!

I shook all the thoughts out of my head as I saw him, his muscled back towards m, face towards the sky. I could imagine his shocked face and having his mouth open catching the raindrops.

I felt a smile spread itself across my face.

"Rain!" I called. He spun around his hands cupped, full of berries. He looked at me questioning. "It's rain." I said.

He looked up and mouthed the word, playing it on his tongue.

He came and gave me the berries. I ate half and gave the rest to him, he knew I wouldn't eat them all and leave him with none. That's all we ate each day so we were pretty hungry but it's better than nothing.

Once we're finished I asked if we could start running again. He agrees with a nod of his.

He changes and I go on his back as ussual, and we begin to run not knowing that tonight is a lot different to others.

With the sun still shining as we run lightly through the rain.

Wolf boy's P.O.V

I was running through the rain. It felt brilliant.

I've been running for a little while now the sun still in the sky.

I felt my my fur bristle as a smell hit me like a wall.

All of a sudden, I see three big wolves only an inch or two smaller than me.

I keep running and as they try to stop I jump over there heads. They might be like me but we can't risk trusting them.

Out of nowhere a big wall appears. I have no time to turn so I jump over it. On the other side is a sort of field or park. A large square of grass with some people and two or three wolves looking in shock. Past the field are rows of houses with a big main building in the centre of the mini town.

The shocked looks turn to fear or anger. Some begin shouting others run towards the big building and the houses surrounding it.

I heard some of the shouts directed at me. "Look at the poor girl! What have you done to her!" "You've got big ego if you think you can take us all on!"

It was men shouting this. The women and children must have went inside.

By now he was surrounded by growling wolves. A man appeared exuding power. He stepped into the ring and two wolves flanked him.

I could feel Annabelle's fear. I'm going to protect her. I growled myself as I felt the tension as well as out of protectiveness for her.

The man began to speak.

"We'll let you leave if you hand over the girl." He called, anger in his voice.

I only understood girl but after he said it I felt the girl on my back shake in fear. I growled viscously. I never growled before but this was making me angry.

"Why don't you change and we can negotiate something without fighting or for us to lock you up?" He asked.

I felt her shake against me, more afraid than before. I only understood 'change' and 'lock you up'. And I didn't like it.

I felt her move forward on my back. "Run." She whispered.

I snarled making it look like I was running forward. I then spun around and ran.

I was jumping over the wolves that were behind me when I felt teeth wrap themselves around my leg and pull me back down.

I was flying through the air and felt Annabelle's grip loosen. I crashed to the ground skidding across the grass. I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Annabelle hitting the ground a few meters away.

Immediately after the impact a few wolves wee holdinfd me down and I saw some men go towards Annabelle. NO!!

I lashed out, knocking a few off me but I just couldn't get up. I was snarling and growling. I even tried to snap at them.

Someone came with an injection and stuck it in my neck. Everything started to go black and after a few seconds I was unconcsious.

**************************************************************

When I woke up I felt before I saw the chain around my neck that attatched me to the wall. I slowly got up on my paws and shook my fur out as the events from before the needle came into my mind.

"So your awake. You should have listened before, you could have gotten off scott free for what you've done to that girl. At least now you'll be punished for abusing that poor girl." He said in a cold voice.

I didn't understand any of it except girl. I wonder what their doing to her? I have to help her, but how?

"Why don't you change idiot?!" He said angrily.

I understood 'change'. I was not going back to that! I wont change for them! I let out a growl.

**************************************************

Comment, Vote, Fan!!