The Werewolf in the Basement ~19

Chapter 19

Annabelle's P.O.V

"Zane" Darren greeted with a scowl.

"Darren" Zane repeated with a hard look in his eyes.

"Annabelle, Zane's the soon to be alpha of the Black Mountain pack." Luke supplied.

The two soon to be alphas were facing each other, it seems they didn't like each other.

Zane faced me. "Why are you here?"

I looked down, the harshness in his eyes scared me. What am I going to do? Rain won't speak up, I hope.

"The two of them are together and it was in everyones best interest to let her join him here." Stated Darren confidently.

"Its her fault, you know." Zane said with a knowing look in his eyes.

Darren's eyebrows furrowed and he hesitated before answering. "It's not her fault."

"You know that's not true or are you that stupid. It's why the teachers are acting so cold towards her." Zane replied crossing his arms.

I didn't know what they were talking about. What's my fault? What could I have done to make everyone so angry and cold?

"So do you have an explanation on why things have changed since her arrival?" Zane spat with a smug look on his face.

"Just leave it." Darren said dryly.

"And why would I do that?"

"You think you're better than everyone and I'm sick of the way you judge people."

"What are you on about Darren?"

"I was asking if you would not make judgements on these two?"

"We'll see." Said Zane with a smirk as the bell rang.

Everyone started making their way out of the cafeteria and dumping their trays in the bins by the doors. Rain got up, swinging me onto his back and picking up our trays.

"Well look at that. You've got your own personal lap dog."Spits Zane, looking directly at me.

Anger seems to rise in me. He shouldn't throw jabs like that at Rain.

I've never really felt much anger before. It felt weird. It felt wrong, like a false power emmitting fake strength.

Rain is not my lap dog. If he's refering to the fact that Rain carries me around then he's mistaken. I've told Rain time and time again that I'm fine to walk on my own, but will he listen, no.

And it's all because of the 'used to be huge gash' on the thigh of my mended broken leg. I guess the broken bone took front seat to the oozing wound.

Rain did the smart thing and walked towards our lockers, leaving Zane with a victorious smile. Like a wolf that has found its next victum.

After we got our books Sam and Lucas showed up and me and Rain had to go our seperate ways to go to english.

It was pretty easy to make it look like my leg didn't hurt but then again I've had plenty of practice.

We entered the classroom, being some of the last people to enter. The teacher gave me a glare as I made it to my seat by Sam.

The rest of the day passed the same, with whispers, glares and the odd nasty comment in my direction. (mainly from the Black Mountain pack)

The guys Rain and I made it back to our dorm. Rain and I started doing our homework while Sam and Luc played on the Wii and Daniel went to his room to do his homework.