The Night Child (4)

Your POV

You walked downstairs. Grabbing your purse. You put your phone in it, your house keys and a hair tie. You checked to see if your parents were sleeping.

They were fast asleep.

You walked through the kitchen. Barefoot. You were holding your shoes in your hands. You like going out at night. It always made you feel normal. You opened your front door quietly, and walked out. You closed the door. You began to walk down the street. It was a cold night. A quiet one at that. These were the nights you enjoyed. Where no one was out. Only you and the night creatures.

"We shouldn't be out here!"

"Why not? It's a beautiful night." You said. You didn't have to conceal the conversation in your head when no one was around.

"Because I just have a bad feeling."

"Why?"

"I feel like we're being watched."

"That's because we are. Who cares? They won't dare touch us. Or they'll pay for it." You kept walking down the street for about 30 minutes until you reached the woods. You stopped at the edge of them. "I'm gonna go in. Don't be scared okay?"

"I'll try."

You started walking through the woods. It was such a beautiful night. You loved the forest. You couldn't help but force a chuckle.

"What's so funny?"

"I feel it too. The feeling of someone watching. But don't you just love this forest. You never know what could be around the corner."

(Please vote)