T W E N T Y - N I N E

"The thoughts are getting louder and louder while my voice gets softer and softer...It's like my thoughts are slowly drowning me"

Dallas
I was walking to Bucks when I tossed the bags in the trash. I just got her back a few months ago...I just got my kids-no...our kids back a few months ago. Not to mention I finally felt happy but I messed it all up. I had a second chance and I lost it...I'm such a fuck up.

I walked into the bar and sat on the stool.

"Buck, get me something that will help me forget," I said and he nodded.

He passed me a drink and I picked it up but then put it back down. Her words flew through my head repeatedly...

"You alright?"

"Win left me again"

"Why? I thought you were happy? I thought she was happy"

"She yelled for me to get out..."

"DID YOU HIT HER!" he yelled at me angrily.

Winter and Buck always got along. He was like a father to her.

"No, never," I said quickly.

"That what did you do"

"She caught me with possession of drugs. The years we were apart I fell deep. Really deep"

"Did you stop?"

"No...I still did some stuff outside of the house. Never inside..."

"You messed up. You're gonna have to try a lot to get Win back. Not to mention your kids"

I nodded and went upstairs plopping onto my old bed in my old bedroom. Here I had so many fun times...times with Winter...where did it go wrong?

Winter
I sat in my room crying when Lannan came in and sat on my bed.

"Hey love, I know you're sad but, you have to go to work..."

"W-why. I thought h-he was gonna c-change..."

He laid down next to me and held me close to him. He missed with my hair and placed a kiss on my head.

"You don't need him. If he still loves you and you still love him it still works out. If not, it wasn't meant to be"

I nodded and turned around facing him.

"I love you British" I smiled kissing his cheek.

"Love you too Snow," he said back smiling.

We laid there for a while before Lynn walked in. Her eyes widened.

"Mom, a-are you c-cheating on d-dad?!" she asked sadly. She was gonna cry.

"Hey sweetheart, remember what I said about your mom and I being friends? It's like we're family and your mom was just really sad and I went to comfort her"

She nodded. "Why didn't dad?"

"Dad and I got into an argument again Lynn. I don't know what's gonna happen" I squeaked out and I saw her face darken.

"What did you do mom!" she yelled and I shook my head.

"I can't tell you, princess"

"Why not?"

"Because  it would break your heart," I said to her quietly and kissed her head.

"Don't touch me" she seethed and walked out.