F O U R T E E N

"You deserve love...and that's what you're gonna get"

Winter
It's been a while since everything happened with Dallas. I was sitting there in my room crying when there was a small knock. It was faint so I knew it was either Lynn or Texas.

"Mommy" I heard and I smiled but then it faded. It was Texas.

"Yeah, baby?" I asked lightly. I tried to sound calm.

"Can I come in?" he asked and I smiled. Again the smile faded.

"Mommy...can Lynn come in?"

"Sure" I squeaked out and the door opened slowly. Lynn walked in and Texas stood there with a sad look. He looked just like Dallas. It hurt.

Lynn climbed onto the bed and hugged me. I saw Texas had this sad look on his face. I tapped Lynn gently. She moved away and I looked at him with a sad smile.

"Tex, come here"

He walked over and Lynn helped him up. He sat on her lap and I saw her hug her brother. It was adorable.

"Do you love Lynn more mommy?" Texas asked and I froze. Did he seriously just ask that?

"You do...don't you..."

"Texas, come here," I said holding out my arms and slowly he climbed over to me.

He sat on my lap and I hugged him close. Placing a kiss on his head.

"Texas, I love you so much. I love you just as much as I love your sister too its just...mommy is very sad and it makes me sad when I look at you more than I look at Lynn"

He frowned.

"Why do I make you sad?"

I froze...it kinda just slipped. Lynn looked at me with fear in her eyes. She knew we had to tell him now.

"Uh, Tex, can you get your daddy and tell him we all need to talk," I said and he nodded getting off the bed and ran downstairs. Lynn looked at me with fear. It scared me.

Lynn
My mom was just about to tell Texas that Lannan isn't really his dad and that my dad is really his dad. That's gonna be hard for mom...it's gonna make her cry.

She said she saw him yesterday or the other day or whatever. She said she saw and talked to daddy. Then she came home in tears. It made me sad...if it wasn't for me mommy and daddy would still be together. It hurt...

"Are you gonna tell him?"

"Who?"

"Lannan and Texas"

She chuckled.

"I have to tell Texas now and Lannan knew Tex isn't his. Lannan and I are friends baby. That's that" she said and I nodded.

This family was so weird.

It was an awkward silence here between me and my mother. I was getting restless when Lannan walked in with Texas. He sat next to her and kissed her head.

"What is it love?" he acted.

"Lannan, Lynn knows and Texas has to know too," she said and I could feel my anxiety coming. It was something my mom and shared.

"What is it?" Texas asked and slowly I breathed in and out.

"Texas, L-" my mom started but Lannan cut her off. I wonder why.

"I'm not your real father," Lannan said and I saw Texas's eyes widen. That broke my heart. His whole life was a lie but then again, I'm not perfect either.

"S-so who is?" he squeaked out.

I hugged him close as he cried into my shirt.

"Texas, your daddy is Lynn's daddy"

"So we have the same daddy?" he sniffled.

"Yes Tex, my dad is your dad"

"Did he not want me sissy?" he asked sadly.

"He doesn't know about you Tex. Mommy kept you a secret" I whispered and I saw mom was crying.

Texas walked over hugging her and I hugged her too. Lannan had this smile.

"It's okay mommy. I still love you" Texas said and mommy cried harder. I knew why. Sorta.

"Don't cry, mommy. Please" he begged her and she laughed lightly. Kissing both our heads.

"You two remind me of him so much. Every single day. I can't stop that so I have to live with it. I want you two to know though that I love you and I forever will" she said quietly and Texas looked at me with a smile.

"We love you too mommy," both of us said together. We weren't lying.