two // ❝ camila intrigued somebody like me ❞

[ a/n: ok im in chapter 10 right now and i lied when i said that this was very short skdjnd oops? ]

i was right, was i not?

i said camila was naïve.

poor girl befriended somebody like me.

my friends didn't want me. not after my routines with other women. i exchanged them back and forth as if i was going through tissues. but i saw no problem with it because they barely complained about it. so i went along with something that took my mind off of reality—off of what they try to input in my mind.

my friends were gone. never wanted me anymore.

“you'd be my friend, right?” camila asked, smiling. i'm surprised that she's not forcing it.

i smiled back, it was a genuine smile. “okay. whatever you call it. what're you doing in this forsaken town?”

“um, i went here because i wanted to. i wanna explore.”

god, her answer was beyond what i expected. i expected her to say something along the lines of 'i went here because people recommended the parks and the very attractive people that live here. i heard their flower shops are fucking awesome, too', but she did not meet my expectations.

the thing about normal people was that they were always what you predicted them to be. i predicted people to be like this and like that and that was how i could go on with life. i choose the people who i reckoned to take interest in me.

so far, camila's only naïve. she was a fan of explorations and going out on exploits whether it would be with a daredevil like me.

“okay. wanna go somewhere? a bar, maybe?” i imagined her beforehand to reject my offer, instead she agreed to tag along to a bar that was nearby. it took us twenty minutes to arrive. on the way there, we made conversation about the simple facts about ourselves. i told her my full name and she did that in return.

she was so naïve. i nearly thought she was a minor.

but i've never had a girl that was naïve. every one of them was mature, they were so into what i am—so into the game and they gave themselves freely to me like i'm god. but that was not the point.

we walked in to the bar. the familiar smell greeting me, camila smiled when she took a look around the deserted area. there were so many people scattered in every inch of the perimeter. we walked over to the counter and ordered our drinks, i said that they would be on me.

i had bloody mary. i forgot what she had.

she sipped on her drink and her eyes closed so tight at the taste that might've shocked her. i laughed and told her to take some more if she desired for it; and she took my instruction.

next thing we knew, we were in cloud nine.

one thing—camila intrigued me.