Chapter 16

"I did the background check on her. Nothing pops up. It's like she didn't exist before two months ago. So we dug in a little deeper. We put her picture up through the system to see if we got a match. We did. Her name is Sarah Ann McKinnley. She's twenty-two years old and she has a record. Apparently when she was eighteen she went after her professors family. Her and her professor were having a secret relationship. She didn't know he had a family. When she found out she said she was pregnant with his baby and he had to choose between her or his family. He picked his family. The next day she was arrested for breaking and entering. Also murder. There was never any proof that she was pregnant" He said. 

"So she lied about being pregnant?" I asked.

"Yes" He answered. 

"I wonder if she's doing the same thing to dad" I replied.

"Another thing is that she's been in and out of mental hospitals her whole life so they gave her five years in jail. She got out two and a half months ago" He responded. 

"What are we going to do to make sure she doesn't show up here later tonight?" Mom asked.

"You guys are going to my house. Jenna will stay here. My officers will be hidden and ready for the attack. They will be placed everywhere around the property" He said.

"No. There is no way I'm leaving her here" Jacob said. 

"You have no choice" His dad replied. Jacob got up and walked out of the room. I heard the door slam and soon Abby came down. 

"MOM" she said running over to my mom giving her a hug. My mom hugged her back. Abby pulled away and stole a piece of bacon that was on her plate. 

"So what's going on?" She asked.

"Nothing. I thought it was time to visit my girl and Jacob asked his dad to come over to meet me" Mom answered. I smiled at that. 

"One day we will we in laws so it's about time I meet her" Jacob dad's said. Abby nodded eating the bacon. Jacob came back in and stopped in the door way. 

"Hey Ab's do you and Brandon wanna hang out at my house later tonight?" He asked. 

"Yeah sounds like fun" She answered shrugging. 

"Jenna is going out with her mom for dinner but will join us after right?" Jacob asked. 

"Of course" I said nodding. He smiled and sat back down next to me. Abby took a seat next to my mom and started eating some more. 

I was sitting on the couch eating the chocolate from last night watching a tv show. My mom was in the bathroom taking a shower. Jacob was talking to his dad about tonight. He really didn't like the idea of me being here when this all goes down. I was okay with it as long as we get this person. I flipped through the channels when the show ended and saw Avatar the next air bender on and put it on. I loved this cartoon. I use to watch it all the time when it was on. I had every episode recorded on the dvr. 

Soon everyone came into the room and I knew it was time for them to leave. I hugged my mom and kissed her cheek. After that she left the room with Mr. Adams. Jacob pulled me into his arms and I wrapped my arms around him. 

"I love you and please be careful" He said. 

"I will be" I replied. He nodded and kissed me. I kissed him back and he pulled away from me. 

"I'll see you after it's all over with" he responded. I nodded and gave him a little smile. He went out the front door with my mom. I watched them get into the car and leave but before they left Jacob looked back at me like he didn't want to go. I looked at Mr. Adams when I saw them far down the road. 

"It's just you and me right?" I asked. I didn't want too many people here because she might see them and them leave. If she did that she could come at anytime and come from anywhere. I didn't want them wasting their time on the job being here to protect me until she came again. I want this woman taken care of and out of my families lives. Maybe after tonight Carter will finally believe me and everything will be okay again. 

"As you asked" he answered looking at the ground. I knew he was lying a little bit.

"But you did put two of them down a couple houses like you wanted" I replied looking at him. We were they only ones in the house but we had some backup down the road which could be helpful if we can't get her ourselves. I didn't want Jacob to know how we were doing this or my mom even. They wouldn't have left if they knew. I didn't want them here and neither did Mr. Adams. He wanted to protect his son and so did I.

"Yeah" he responded. I nodded. 

"Let's get this over with" I said.