Chapter 6

I wore Jacobs hoodie and my shorts from the day before to school the next day. Abby was wearing her high waist skirt with her tank top. The guys had other clothes to change into because of their soccer bag or that Jacob lived there. I was really tired and fell asleep in almost all my classes or it was really hard trying to stay awake. Abby and I went to their practice after school again.
"Do you wanna do what we did again last night?" She asked when we were sitting on the bleachers.
"I think I should go home since it has been two days since I've been there" I answered.
"Yeah. You should go home and see if everything is okay with your parents yet" she said. I nodded.
"I don't think I've ever seen them fight that bad" I replied.
"They're gonna be okay. They've gone through so much and they are perfect for each other. I don't think anything like whatever they are fighting about is gonna ruin what they have" she responded.
"I hope you're right" I said.
"I am. We are talking about Megan and Daniel Mason" she replied. I nodded. Its true they've gone through so much and can make it through anything. The past has proven that.
"Hey I'm gonna walk home" I said.
"Now?" She asked looking at the field.
"Yeah. Tell Jacob I'll call him later for me yeah?" I answered. She nodded and I grabbed my books. I walked down the bleacher and went home. That was my mistake.

I came up to the house and it was quiet. I went inside and looked around. I found my mom in the kitchen drinking tea with her head on her hand.
"Mom?" I said. She looked up. I could see she was exhausted and was crying at some point.
"What's wrong?" I asked sitting by her on the counter.
"Your dad and I aren't doing okay" she answered.
"Why? What's going on?" I replied.
"Your dad and I went on that trip and he slept with one of his ex's from before we were dating" she responded. I saw that it was hard for her to not cry.
"Mom I'm so sorry" I said. I had tears in my eyes.
"Its not your fault honey. Its his. He made his bed and now we are getting a divorce after 18 years. 16 amazing years with you. I just don't understand this myself. Please don't hate your father" she replied. I pulled her into a hug and she hugged me back.
Later on my mom finally passed out on the couch in our living room. I went to the kitchen and came out of the sliding doors. I ran to Abby's. I went in through her kitchen door and stopped. Her and her family were in the middle of dinner. They looked at me and Abby jumped up and hugged me. I started crying.
"They're getting a divorce" I said. Abby's mom came over and held me after Abby backed up a bit.
"I gotta make a phone call" Abby told her mom. I felt her mom nod and Abby disappeared from the room. Abby's dad brought over some water and I took it. Abby's mom had me sit down at the table.
"Did they say why?" She asked after I calmed down a bit.
"My dad cheated on her" I answered.
"Again?" Her dad asked. I looked up at him.
"Again?" I repeated him. He looked down.
"It happened more than twice?" I demanded.
"Your dad has made mistakes" he said.
"You guys aren't shit" I replied getting up. There was a knock on the door and I went to the front door. I opened it and saw Jacob.
"What are you doing here?" I demanded.
"I called him" Abby said coming up from behind me.
"I don't need you right now" I said to him.
"You do" Abby replied putting her hand on my back.
"All guys do are lie and cheat. I don't want that in my life" I responded.
"Jenna I wouldn't do that" he said.
"Cause I won't give you the chance" I replied. I walked past him and took off running. I kept running.
I ended up at the beach. I sat down on the sand near the water. Not near it enough for the water to touch me but not far away from it. I watched the sun set. I didn't move. I wasn't going to move. My home was broken. My dad cheated on my mom. Not just in high school but now too. Guys do nothing but hurt you every chance they can get. I closed my eyes and tried stopping the tears but they wouldn't stop.