Prologue

My name is Jenna Mason. I'm 17 years old. I have brown hair that goes to the middle of my back with green eyes. I've lived in the same town for my whole life. Here's a little history for the book. My mom Megan and my dad Daniel had me in high school. Well my mom was in high school. My dad graduated three years before she did. He was also my uncles best friend. Could only imagine his surprise when he found out. I probably would've ran to the mountains or even to another country with how my uncle Carter is. My aunt Kelly is pretty cool though.
Anyways back to reality. I was currently copying notes that the teacher was writing up on the board. My best friend Abby leaned over our table and smiled.
"Are you coming over this weekend?" She whispered.
"I hope so. Dad and mom are thinking about going to the cabin this weekend. They were talking about letting me have the house to myself or staying with you" I whispered back.
"Party?" She asked.
"Well dad said if I do want one I gotta let him know so he can put away the fragile objects in our house" I answered. She smiled even bigger and winked at me while leaning back over her notebook. There was a knock on the door and one of the ladies from the office walked in with a guy behind her. The guy was our age. He had sandy blonde hair and he was slightly tall. He could be anywhere from 5'9 to 6' tall. The lady gave a note to the teacher and the teacher nodded while reading it.
"Class we have a new student. His name is Jacob Adams. Take a seat where you can. It's a big class" the teacher said. The guy walked back towards our table and sat down at the empty seat across from me. He looked at me and smiled. I noticed he had grayish-blue eyes. I smiled back and continued on writing the notes down.
The bell rang shortly after and I stood up closing my book. I picked my book up and walked towards the door. I put the book on the counter by the door and walked out to my locker. Abby walked over to me.
"New guy is hot" she said.
"I guess so" I replied grabbed my next class book out. I put it in my shoulder bag and closed my locker.
"Are you ready for lunch?" She asked.
"Hell yes" I answered.
"Food is life" she replied as we walked down the hall towards the cafeteria.
"So why did you grab your next class book?" She asked.
"I crashed when I got home last night and didn't do the assignment" I answered.
"You could copy mine" she replied.
"Maybe" I responded as we got to the cafeteria. We walked to the salad bar and grabbed a bowl. I put some tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and peppers along with the lettuce. I grabbed a tray and went to the cooks that were behind counters. The one gave me a plate with a sandwich and a bag of chips. I paid for the food and met Abby at our table. She put a Pepsi in front of me and I took out my class book. She took the assignment from me and started circling the answers and then put it in front of me.
"Now all you have to do is write in those two answers so they can't tell the difference with writing" she said. I nodded and started eating. I looked around and saw the new guy sitting at the jocks table. I laughed when I saw a cheerleader openly drool over him. Abby started cracking up too. That cheerleader noticed us laughing and came over here. Some of the squad came with her.
"What are you laughing at?" She demanded.
"You" I said.
"Yeah you drool like a damn dog. Might wanna get that checked out" Abby added laughing. I smiled and tried not to laugh at that.
"You bitch" the cheerleader said tackling me to the ground and started pulling my hair. I screamed at the pain and made a fist. I punched her in face with all I had and she stopped holding her nose. I saw blood between her fingers. She got off of me and ran off with the squad behind her.
"Damn girl you got some claw marks on your forehead" Abby said giving me her hand. I took it and stood up. I looked around and others were looking at us. Even the new guy. He was smiling. I sat back down and continued to eat.