chapter 2

Sunday night only my mom came home from their trip. When I asked where my dad was she said he was at uncle Carter's playing video games because Carter needed some guy time. I didn't question it. They always play games during the week at his house. Once in awhile they do it here.
The next morning I was sitting at the table eating cereal and Abby came in through the sliding doors in our kitchen. She grabbed a bowl and poured some cereal for herself. She sat next to me at the counter.
"Your parents came back last night right?" She asked.
"My mom did" I answered.
"What about dad?" She replied looking at me.
"He's at Carter's house still I guess" I responded.
"That's weird. He's always came back before midnight" she said.
"I know. I think something is going on" I replied. She nodded. We talk about it anymore and continued eating.

School was boring as usual. Lunch hit and I saw Jacob at the jocks table with a cheerleader sitting on his lap. Guess he didn't mean what he said. I looked away from them and ate some soup.
"J look" Abby said nodding over to that table. I looked and saw Jacob push the girl to the ground and he got up. He looked over here and walked this way. I looked away at my tray. He sat down next to me and Abby kicked me under the table. I jumped at the pain and glared at her. She smiled and ate her salad.  I looked at Jacob. He smiled at me.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Sitting with my favorite girl" he answered. I looked at Abby and then away.
"Let me guess you like her?" Abby said.
"Yeah" he replied looking at her. She nodded her head looking at me.
"When are you guys going out?" She asked.
"I was thinking tonight" be answered.
"I was thinking no" I said with a mouth full of food.
"She'll love to go" Abby answered smiling.
"Great. I'll pick you up at 6" he said. He got up and walked away. I kicked Abby hard and glared at her.
"I don't want a boyfriend. Boys mess everything up" I said.
"Not all boys" she replied rubbing her shin.
"Boys cheat and lie. They also don't care how us girls feel about that shit" I responded.
"Not every guy is like how your dad and uncle were in high school. Yes I know the stories your mom told you about them scared you. But you were also 10. Your mom probably told you that so you wouldn't date anyone in high school. So you wouldn't end up pregnant like she was" she said. I looked away from her.

The bell rang and school was over. I thought a lot about what Abby said hated her for it for a minute. I don't want a boyfriend but that doesn't mean I couldn't go on the date and make it clear I didn't want anything. I walked out of the school and walked home.
"Mom? Dad?" I said. No one answered. I went to my room and sat down on my bed. I turned my TV on and watched on my block.
I started to fall asleep but jumped up when my door slammed against the wall. Abby was walking in with a big duffle bag and some drinks in a holder.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"You have a date in an hour. I'm here to help. Sorry I didn't come earlier. I stopped at Tim Horton's for the supreme lattes. I got one for you" she said setting everything down.
"A what?" I asked.
"An iced supreme mocha latte. Its amazing" she answered handing me one. I took a drink and was in love.
"That is amazing" I said. She nodded.
"Now. What do you plan on wearing?" She asked.
"This" I answered.
"You can't wear the clothes you went to school in. That a do not rule for dating" she replied going to her duffle bag.
"Then what do I wear?" I asked getting up from my bed. She pulled out a pair of jean shorts and a light pink see through belly shirt.
"No" I said.
"Yes" she replied. I glared at her. She gave me her devil smile.
"No" I said shaking my head. I turned and made a run for it. She was running after me with the clothes. I got tackled to the ground in the hallway and she was busy pulling my shirt.
"Fine" I yelled trying to fight her off.
"Good" she said getting off of me.
"God I hate when you do that" I replied getting up.
"I'm just trying to help you" she responded.
"I know. I just don't wanna go" I said.
"And that is why you have me to push you to do things" she replied. I shook my head and grabbed the clothes. We went back to my room and changed into them.
"I'm going to have a bruise" I said looking down at my leg.
"You had to be difficult" she replied shrugging. I glared at her. She glared back and pushed me to my desk chair.