9) Our First Real Mission:Part One

Start from the beginning

"Yes sir." We all said in unison.

"Alright then, let's go!" Minato Sensei said, as we ran in formation. The four of us ran up at the front, protecting the shinobi, with Minato Sensei in the back. Suddenly Obito let out a giggle.

"Alright! I'm gonna show off my stuff big time, and become the Hokage! Just you watch!" Obito said, making the three of us give him looks.

"Obito... Now isn't the time for that goofball!" I said.

"It's not as if it's going to be as easy as that, ya know?" Rin said slightly scolding our friend.

"Obito? Were you even listening to Minato Sensei at all? We're not supposed to engage in any kind of fighting! And besides, if we did, we'd only be getting in Sensei's way!" Kakashi said, trying to be nice.

"Seriously? Is he that amazing?" Obito asked, and I mentally face palmed.

"Do you not remember the first day we met him, Kakashi called him the Yellow Flash? We talked about him remember?" I asked Obito, as he deadpanned. I mentally face palmed.
"Ya know, feared by our enemies? Known as the fastest shinobi in history? Anything?" I asked, as he still looked confused. I let out a sharp sigh.

I love you Obito, but sometimes you are an idiot.

"He's the man tattered next in line to be Hokage." Kakashi said, finally making a break through.

"Whoa really? Somebody that amazing is the one teaching us?! I can feel my blood pumping right now!! Man, I really wish someone would attack us!!" Obito said excitedly. Rin couldn't help but giggle at his excitement. Kakashi closed his eyes, thinking it was hopeless.

"There's no sense in trying to change his mind Kakashi, once his heart is set on it, he's not gonna stop." I said to him quietly.
"That's just his ninja way." I added, giggling to myself.

"Hey you guys? I wonder who's stronger? Ya think it's the Yellow Flash of the Leaf? Or the White Fang of the Leaf?" Obito asked, making Kakashi's stop breathing for a second, he wasn't expecting that. Even Rin and I looked at him in disbelief.

Did he really just ask that... In front of Kakashi?!

"Obito!!" Rin said in shock. He seemed to not catch on to the sudden change of mood. Kakashi just stared at the ground, as we all kept running.

"Apparently there was this hero from the hidden leaf, who was giving the nickname "The White Fang." He said.

"Obito... Stop..." I said quietly to Obito. He didn't hear me.

"But I heard the guy died while he was protecting the village. Haven't you heard of him?" He asked and I sighed.

"No!" Kakashi said, before running ahead of us. Rin and I gave looks to one another.

"Huh? Kakashi? What's gotten into him?" Obito asked confused.

"I'll go talk to him. You try to talk to Obito, because he doesn't listen to me." I said as she nodded. I ran ahead to catch up to Kakashi.

"Kakashi?" I asked solemnly.

"What." He said, annoyed. I took in a sharp breath, not exactly knowing what to say to my friend.

"O-Obito I'm sure- I'm sure he didn't know..." I started trailing off.

"It doesn't matter. I don't care." He said blankly. His tone obliviously sounding hurt.

"I know it's the last thing you probably want to hear, but like I told you before, you're not alone. You have me, ya know? And now, you also have this squad. Yes, Obito and I can be idiots. And the most level headed people on the team is either Rin or Minato Sensei. But I know Obito, he didn't know... He would never try for a blow that hard. I know he acts like you two are rivals, and that's within fair reasons, but he does look up to you a lot. You inspire him Kakashi. Just remember that." I said, and he let out a short breath.
"Hmm, and as much as I hate to admit it, your arrogance and attitude is slowly growing on me as well. But if you tell anyone I said that, I may have to kill you." I said playfully, and he chuckled.