Chapter 42: Safe

Sirius POV

“This room has to be bigger than the Quidditch pitch,” James said, blinking his eyes at the long, dark room filled with piles of lost wands, articles of the uniforms we wore, hats, more than enough chairs. I narrowed my eyes at a button up shirt that looked familiar. I wonder…

“How long has she been gone?” Alice asked quietly, looking at me. I looked at my watch, well, Waverly’s watch…West’s watch? Ugh…

“22 hours,” I said, my voice breaking. We all took a few steps in, looking at the large room. I looked at the button up, and saw my name scrawled on the tag. I thought I threw this in a broom cupboard two years ago after me and-*Mental SLAP* You have a girlfriend! You can only think about her like that! I thought to myself. I shoved it in my back pocket.

“Let’s find this bitch.” I said, trying to smile at James, Remus and Frank. We all lit the tips of our wands, and went along the walls, looking for a fireplace. I walked with Remus along the left wall.

“You think we’ll find her?” he asked quietly, helping me push a bookcase over to see behind it.

“We have to,” I told him, moving to look behind the bookcase. Nothing.

“How long have we been looking?” he asked in the same tone. I looked at the watch, witch made me miss my little blonde hottie…The girl I loved.

“About 5 hours,” I said. “We aren’t even half way down the wall. There’s just too much crap.”

“Their has to be a better way to do this,” he said, wiping sweat off from his brow. I raked back my sweaty hair. “Damn…Why is it so hot in here?”

“It wasn’t a few minutes ago,” I said. I took a few steps back, and felt cooler. I got an idea.

“This way,” I said, ignoring the wall, and heading deeper into the piles of crap. We found Lily and James, who must have had the same idea. Well, Lily probably had the same idea.

“Why is it so bloody HOT?” James moaned, not taking his eyes off Lily. Her long hair was pulled back into a messy, sweaty bun, and her shirt was clinging to her torso with sweat. Huh, no wonder he was staring. James’s hair was damp with sweat, and looked normal for once.

“I don’t know,” Remus shrugged, not bothering to take off his wool jacket. Poor guy…

“Let’s find out,” I forced out happily. We crawled up over the large pile of chairs, and grinned, despite the damn hot air blowing towards us.

“ALICE! FRANK!” Lily yelled as James, Remus and me tried to push a huge stone statue out of the way. James randomly stopped.

“What are we doing?” he asked, brandishing his wand. “We’re wizards Damnit!” he grinned. He flicked his wand at the statue, and it flew into the wall.

“Well done,” Alice smiled, her short dark hair was plaster to her forehead.

“Has anyone found Floo Powder?” I asked, looking in the empty canister next to the massive fire place.

“Ah damn,” Frank sighed, falling to sit next to a bust of some guy with a fluffy pink wig and a tiara on.

“Accio Floo Powder!” Lily said, flicked her wand. She squeaked, and ducked as three barrels, countless pouches, and stray grains themselves flew towards her. She stood up, and spat the sandy substance out of her mouth, and shook it out of her hair. “That didn’t go as I hoped,” she grumbled, taking a handful in one hand, and taking James’s hand in the other.

She threw part of the hand full in the fire, slowing the red blaze, and turning the flames green. She and James stepped in, wands out, hands linked. “Lestrange Manor,” Lily said clearly, throwing the grains at her feet. They where sucked up in the chimney. I grabbed a handful, and did the same.