Chapter 14: Waverly's Dream

~*~*~*~

(One month Later)

Waverly POV

I was sitting in the library, looking out a window, my head propped up on books I was supposed to be putting away. Dumbledore let me work in the library so I wouldn’t be broke at the end of the term. I was completely healed from all my adventures. I hadn’t hit anyone in a few weeks, and my best friend was a freakin dog who I talked to every other day.

Damn I’m pathetic.

And last month, after I saw all my worst memories flash before my eyes, and I was actuly happy to see Black’s face right away when I the memories stopped. Thankfully, he didn’t know that, and we where still best friends. James, Remy and him had free reign on Snape, so he was in and out of detentions more than before.

West was still writing, and I was glad he was safe and everything, but it still kept me up at night that he wasn’t here with me. Black kept telling me how I was just over reacting and I should relax. I would normally slap someone for saying that. But when Black said it, it made me sure it was true.

And then there was the fact that I was 16, and I have never had a boyfriend. I got my first kiss when I was 12 and on a dare, and had yet to have another. I may or may not like my best friend that way. I have a bunch of enemies I didn’t know about until yesterday when most of Black’s Ex’s cornered me and demanded I stay away from him. I lost track of how many girls I decked before Remus and James pulled me away while Black tried to calm the situation.

“Hey, Waverly, you coming?” Lily asked, pushing red hair out of her face.

“Yeah,” I sighed. “Yeah, just give me a sec.”

When ever I thought about Black it took me a second to get my head back in the real world…

I sighed and followed Lily to DADA. I sat in the back with Lily, and rested my chin on my books. I saw James, Remy, Peter and Black on the other side of the class room. I smiled at them, and Black smiled, and winked at me. I felt the fluttering in my tummy like I always did when I saw him. I rolled my eyes, and looked forward at the teacher. I was blushing as took notes.

I think I liked him.

Ah shit.

^

I rolled over in my bed, looking out at the night sky. “Hey Lily?” I asked. “You awake?”

“Yeah.” I heard her sigh.

“Want to know a secret?” I whispered.

“Sure,” she yawned. I chickened out.

“Never mind.” I sighed, rolling over.

****DREAM****

I walked down to the Great Hall, and was surprised to see it empty. I shrugged, and went to the Gryffindor table. I sat sitting on my hands waiting for the people to come. After an hour of this, I got up, and headed back to the common room. I was walking along the wall like I always did, when I saw Black materialize in front of me. I saw the light dim behind him.

“What the hell?” I asked, backing away. Black just smirked at me, and took a step so he was in front of me.

“Hey Wave,” he said. The way he said my apparent nickname made me knees go weak. I leaned back on the wall, my nails digging into the plaster to keep sparks from erupting from my palms. His smirk softened, to a smile I had only seen once. When he bought my books for me. He took a step closer to me, and I was pressed to the walls. He pressed his palms to the wall on either side of my head, and was slowly leaning closer.

“Wha-What are you doing?” I breathed; I saw his eyes flicker to my lips and back to my eyes.

“B-Black?” I asked again. One of his hands moved from the wall to my face, and brushed my bangs back, and trailed down my face to my neck. It curled around the back of my neck, and tipped my head up slightly. My bottom lip trembled under his touch. His thumb brushed it, and it only trembled more. I opened my eyes to see his smoldering gray/silver ones.

“Do you?” he whispered. He was so close; I felt his lips graze mine as he spoke. I shivered, and tried to form coherent words.

“D-Do I wha-what?” I whispered back.

“Do you?” he asked again, his voice was husky, and made me shiver again. I felt his hand that wasn’t on my neck, trail down my arm lightly, and go around my hips. Putting his hand on the small of my back, pressing me to the wall. I was trying to make words, and I didn’t succeed. I looked up at him with wide eyes, trying to speak. The butterflies in my tummy where fluttering up in my throat making my voice sound like mouse squeaks.

“You do,” he muttered. I felt his nose travel the length of my face, his long hair tickled my cheek as he stopped an inch from my mouth.

“I-I what?” I said, my voice shook. I opened my eyes, and saw his gray ones. He leaned back just enough to look my head on. He leaned closer to me, and my eyes fluttered shut, and he kissed me. Sirius Black kissed me. His lips moved passionately with mine as he held the back of my neck and the small of my back tightly. My hands stayed at my sides, nails digging into the plaster. I was melting, as cheesy as that may sound.

Damn he was a good kisser.

“You do,” he muttered against my lips again, kissing me harder. I kissed him back of course, but the nagging part of my brain wanted to know what he meant by ‘You do.’ I gently pushed him away and looked at him.

“I-I wha-what?” I breathed, looking at his handsome face.

“You do.” He said, a slight smile on his face as he trailed the back of his hand down my cheek brushing hair away.

“I what?” I asked again, loving the feeling of his lips on mine. He just leaned in, and kissed me again. I felt my nails dig into the plaster of the walls again, his hands tightened on the small of my back, and brought me closer to him.

“You do,” he murmured against my lips again.

****END DREAM****

I sat strait up in bed, my eyes wide. I pushed my bangs back trying to slow my racing heart rate.

“Holy shit,” I gasped.

This is going to make thing awkward.

~~

Ok, @WitchInTraining, romantic tension! Happy?