Chapter 32: Try and Have Fun, For Once

<><><><><>

-New Years Eve, 7:00 PM-

Waverly POV

I packed my backpack, and waited by the fireplace, idly playing with my ring. God, I hadn’t stopped thinking about him. West was spending New Years at Fabien and Gideon’s sister’s house with her three kids and husband, so I was free and clear to have fun.

“Oh come on! How much can you pack?” I yelled up, I saw Lily come down with a large duffle bag, and a back pack.

“I have the normal amount of stuff!” Lily protested, I smiled, and messed up her hair. She dropped her bags and squealed. I laughed as James, Sirius and Remy came down with their bags.

“You only have a backpack?” Sirius asked, dropping his duffle bag, I nodded slowly.

“But, you’re a girl,” he said.

“You just realized that?” I asked, playing with the ring.

“No, I mean girls always pack a ton of crap.” he turned to James and Remy. “Am I right?”

“Don’t drag me into this,” James chuckled, kissing Lily’s temple.

“Me neither,” Remy sighed, pulling out a book. I grabbed it, and threw it behind my back. He looked at me oddly, and pulled another one from his bag. I sighed, and made all the books shoot out of his bag.

“No reading. It’s New Years Eve Remus!” I said, shaking his shoulders. “There’s a crescent moon! Live a little!” I almost yelled.

“Uh-Ok?” he said.

“Good!” I said, jumping up and down. “See you all there!” I saluted them, and went out in a blast of pink flames.

Being a Praesidio was amazing. Since I was 17 now, I could Apperate, and instead of the normal POP! Of Apparition, I went out in a silent burst of pink flames. I laughed at their stunned faces as I left. I waited for them in the bar of the Leakey Caldron. They all came one-by-one through the fireplaces. I grinned, and slung my arm around Sirius’s shoulders.

“To the rooms we go!” I laughed, letting him go with a peck on the cheek before grabbing Lily’s hand and dragging her to the room. I heard the guys laughing and complaining as we ran up, slamming the door behind us.

“What are you going to wear?” I asked, falling face first on my bed.

“I don’t know,” Lily sighed.

“We should go to a muggle club,” I thought idly.

“Uh-Me and you would be ok there, but the boys…” she trailed off, looking at the wide array of clothes she brought with. “They would be out of their element. They have a few muggle style clubs here anyways. I sighed, and nodded, still playing with my ring.

“Ok, put this on,” Lily said, throwing me a pile of clothes. I just rolled his eyes and went to the bathroom to pull them on. I saw what she had told me to wear, and I laughed.

“Lily, you have got to be kidding me!” I asked through the door.

“Just put them on Waverly!” she hissed at me to the door. I muttered a few cuss words as I pulled on the outfit she gave me. A short jean skirt, and gray tank top, and a cropped, over sized sweater. I slammed the door open, and saw Lily in a similar out fit, but with a longer skirt, and an oversized long-sleeved t-shirt instead of a crop top.

“Are you happy now?” I asked, tugging on my high tops.

“Almost, sit,” she ordered, pointed to the vanity with a wide array of beauty crap on it. I moaned, and sat down. She curled my long hair, and pulled it back into a louse side braid, and rimmed my eyes with black smudgy liner. I had to admit, I looked pretty good.

“Are you done?” I whined, jumping up.

“Yep,” she sighed, pinning her hair back with a clip. Stopping her hand by her face to looked at the huge diamond on her hand. “Lets go!” she squealed, I grimaced, and dragged me down to the bar.

“I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.” I muttered as she dragged me down the steps. I heard a wolf whistle from James and Sirius as we went down.

“Soooooooh not funny,” I snapped. Pulling at my tank top. Sirius was looking me up and down, I felt self conscious. I didn’t like it.

“Well you three clean up nice,” I said, fixing Remy’s hair. He blushed and pulled at his dark blue polo shirt. Sirius cleared his throat loudly, and I looked at him. Dark jeans and a white t-shirt.

“Yeah, you look ok,” I said, batting my eyelashes at him. He smiled, and slung an arm around my shoulders. James had an arm around Lily’s waist and was playing with her belt on her skirt. I sparked, and sent one at his head.

“Ow! Shit!” he hissed, glaring at me.

“We are in public! Keep it PG-13, not R,” I laughed as he rolled his eyes. I leaned into Sirius, and saw Remy with his hands shoved in his pockets. I smiled at him, and grabbed his hand.

“Try and have fun Remus,” I sighed. “For once.”

He rolled his eyes, and nodded.

~~

Ok, I know, really short chapter. But don't worry, I'm going to post another chapter later today to keep...people {**Cough*Cough** EMILY**Cough*Cough**} off my back.

Ta-Ta for now!