Chapter 40: Black's Don't Cry

Sirius POV

Waverly and I had been dating 3 months, and it was perfect. I still annoyed her, frustrated her, but now, I got to snog her too. She was being weird the last few weeks.

“Have you heard from West lately?” Remus asked. “I had a few books I wanted to suggest to him.”

“I haven’t,” Waverly snapped, throwing her fork on her plate and rested her forehead on the table. I pulled her close and wrapped an arm around her waist. She leaned her head on my chest. I smiled, normally I had to pushed her to be like this. James pretended to barf behind Lily, how was making a heart shape with her fingers.

A jumped as I felt something heavy and feathery on my shoulder, I looked and saw a soot black bird with red eyes. He dropped a black letter with a bulge in it in Waverly’s lap. She ripped it open, and in three seconds, she looked like she was about to cry.

“I have to go,” she said abruptly, getting up and walking out of the great hall. I looked after her, and then back at Remus.

“Save my food will you?” I asked, walking after Waverly. I heard the girls dorm door slam, and I sighed. She never made it easy. I tapped the frame with my wand, and tested the stairs before running up.

I saw Waverly sitting on the floor with a sizeable pile of ash next to her. She was letting the more ash fall out of her hand and into the pile. I sat next to her, and sighed.

“You want to talk about it?” I asked like a therapist. She looked over at me, and rested her head on my shoulder again. I pulled her close and rested my arm around her shoulders and played with her hair.

“When life sucks, what do you do?” she asked against my neck. I smiled, and kissed her hair.

“You find amazing people like myself to give you shove,” I muttered in her ear, she smiled a bit, and she cracked a smile.

“Come on, I have a Quidditch game, and you have yet to see me play,” I said, pulling her up, and throwing her a jacket. She smiled, and sucked in a breath, smiling at me.

<><><><><><>

Waverly POV

I was on the brink.

One little shove, I was going to break.

I walked to the Quidditch pitch with Lily and Alice. I jumped when I heard thunder crack overhead. I flipped my hood up, and shoved my hands in my pocket.

“If Gryffindor wins this, they’ll go against Slytherin, and if they win then, they’ll win the Cup!” she squealed happily. I smiled weakly, and played with the ring around my neck, pinching it so hard, the pattern of the round stones and the flat band pushed into my fingers.

“Wave!” I heard Sirius yell, I stopped, and smiled as he ran up in his Quidditch robes. He grabbed me around my waist, and planted a kiss on my lips. I giggled, and looked around blushing at the passing group I had named ‘The Fan Club.’ It was a group of grils who followed Sirius around like lost puppies.

“What was that for?” I asked, locking my arms around his neck to keep him close. “Not that I mind…”

“Good luck, love,” he muttered, his lips against my temple.

“Ok,” I giggled. “Now go,” I said, pushing him back. He tightened his grip, and bauried his face in my hair and neck. “Go!” I laughed, pushing him off me. He laughed, and hopped on his broom and flew to the pitch. I smiled, feeling a bit more like myself.

“Come one! We have to get good seats!” Lily said, pulling me to the stands. I laughed and ran with her.

~Gryffindor: 90 points Ravenclaw: 100~