Chapter 16: Different

(Last Day of Classes)

Waverly POV

I was running from Potions to Dumbledore’s office. The gargoyle just rolled its bronze eyes and let me in.

“Professor!” I gasped when I was at the top of the stairs. “You-Wanted-to-see me?” I leaned on the wall to catch my breath.

“Yes, Ms. Trinket,” he said, getting up. “I understand you have aloud West to remain with the Auras.”

“Yeah,” I said, pushing sweaty hair out of my eyes. “I don’t know where I’ll be this summer, so I just thought he…He might be safer with them.” I hated to say that.

“I understand how difficult that must be for you to say,” he said, sitting in his desk chair that I thought resembled a throne. “Waverly, I am the leader of the Order of the Phoenix, I choose who I think would be a loyal, valuable member. I believe you would be.”

I was in shock. “Sir, your-your asking me to-”

“Once you have completed your time here at Hogwarts, mind you, but yes. I’m asking you to join the Order of the Phoenix,” he said, looking at me over his half-circle glasses.

“But-But why me?” I asked, dropping my bag. “I’m nothing special.”

“But, Waverly, you are,” Dumbledore said, smiling at me. “I wish that you would keep this between us, I have more students I wish to ask to join, but I need to see them in different situations.” I nodded.

“Who?” I asked. “If I can know.” I added quickly.

He sighed, and looked at me. “You best not know, Ms. Trinket. I believe that you are late for the End of Year Feast?”

I nodded, and ran back to the feast. I saw Black, James, Remus, Peter, Lily, and my other few friends. I saw Black look over, and smile at me, waving me over. I felt my bottom lip quiver, and my cheeks blush. Damn him for making my tummy flutter. But I came over anyways. I sat next to Black, who dumped a stack of about 7 letters into my lap. Lily, Remus, and James had similar piles.

“What the hell?” I laughed, looking at the one on top. They where addressed to West, most where in loopy, girl handwriting with hearts and flowers on the envelopes.

“West was popular,” Lily said, stabbing a carrot with her fork. “Especially with girls.”

“Yeah,” I heard Black sigh. “I know what that’s like.” He grinned, I just looked at him. He winked, and I rolled my eyes. Don’t I know it, I thought snidely, remembering y dream.

“Um,” I heard a voice behind me. I turned to see three first year Ravenclaws.

“Are you Westchester’s older sister?” a blonde asked, the two others giggled. I saw Black wink at them. I smacked his shoulder, and gave him a disapproving look. He grinned at me and I blushed. Damn his adorable, happy grin.

“Yeah, I am,” I smiled nicely at them.

“Could-Could you give these to him for us?” they handed me each a letter.

“Yeah, I will,” I smiled again, taking the letters, and adding them to the pile. She ran back to the tables giggling. I rolled my eye’s and I saw Lily taking a letter from a Hufflepuff, she tossed me the letter, and I added it to the other (27!) letters West had.

“My little brother has a ton of letters, and I have 5 friends, how it that fair?” I asked, shoving the letters into my bag.

^

I smiled as I walked out of the doors with my back pack. I smiled at the first years as they ran to the train. I still though that West should be with them, but with all the letters he sent, he didn’t want to be anywhere else.