13) Losing a Comrade

Start from the beginning

I've never seen him this angry...

"Rin was just doing her job, like we must." Kakashi said. That struck a nerve with Obito. He suddenly punched Kakashi in the face, sending him flying across the woods.

"Obito!!" I yelled at him.

"I don't like you!! I never will!!" Obito yelled out at Kakashi.

"I don't care if you do or not! I'm the captain right now. You will obey my decisions Obito." Kakashi said coldly.
"Whatever the circumstances, one person alone, must make the decisions that keep the team together. That's why we have the rule that all teams must obey the captain without hesitation. Obito. You have no power. That's why I'm the captain of this team and you aren't." Kakashi said, before Obito grabbed ahold of his straps, pulling him up into the air to face him.

"Then why won't you try to save Rin yourself?!" Obito spat out.
"It means you have the power to rescue your teammate yourself?! Right Kakashi?!" He growled.

"If you give into your emotions, even for a moment, you'll fail your mission. You'll regret it sooner than you know. That's why shinobi have rules. That's why are taught that we must suppress our emotions. You should already know that." Kakashi said calmly, still being held up by Obito.

"But Rin, she gave you that medical kit, it even have a protective amulet inside!!" Obito yelled.

"Medical kits were created by the hidden leaf, to sustain health in the war. Like I said to you yesterday, Obito, better nothing at all, than a useless burden." Kakashi growled.

"Useless burden?" Obito said frustrated. Kakashi nodded at him.

"Useless things like emotions only get in the way of a mission." Kakashi said, and I stared at the two boys in shock.

"D-do you really mean that?!" Obito asked.

"Guys... We should really calm down, and think this through." I said softly.

"Do you honestly believe that stuff Kakashi?!" Obito asked, making Kakashi look to the side, saddened, before looking back at Obito.

"Yes I do." Kakashi said.

"Just forget it." Obito said coldly, setting Kakashi back on the ground.
"We'll never agree, we're like oil and water... I'm going to rescue Rin." Obito said while starting to walk away. I watched intensely.

What do I do? What do I do?!

"You don't understand Obito. You don't know what happens to those who break the rules." Kakashi said as his voice sounded somewhat hurt. I looked down at the ground, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"I believe that the White Fang was a true hero." Obito said, making Kakashi and my eyes widen.

He knows...

"You're right, in the Ninja world, those who break the laws and regulations are regarded as scum...But... Those who would even abandoned one of their friends, are worse than scum." He said lowly.

Obito...

"I'm scum anyways, so I'm gonna chose to break the rules. If doing that makes me even less of a true shinobi, then I'll just go on and crush, all of the so called real shinobi." Obito said, as he started to walk away. Kakashi turned the opposite direction, and began to walk.

"Guys... Guys come on..." I said scared, watching the two boys go in different directions. Neither of them said a word to me. I sighed.

Best friends... No matter what. I thought before I started to jog up to Obito.