5) I'm Sorry for Your Loss

Start from the beginning

"Are you the king?" I asked, making him chuckle.

"That is a discussion we'll have when you are older. I'm afraid it's something you'll learn on your own." He chuckled and I nodded.

"Sakumo knew the rules, and because he chose to go against them, the people of the hidden leaf frowned upon him. Even the ones, whose life, he had saved." He said. My eyes widened.

"They should be grateful! They would have died... He saved them! It doesn't make any sense dad..." I said, as he sighed.

"You'll understand when you're older-"

"What if it was you dad? What if someone saved you? Would you really be upset with them?" I asked confused.

"As a man, I would be grateful that he saved my life. But, I would have been just as grateful to die, if that meant a successful mission." Dad said making my eyes widen.

"Well I would be upset if you died, for a mission." I said, as he kissed my forehead.

"I know, but as a shinobi, it is an honor to live and to die for your people." He said as I frowned.

"I just don't get it dad." I said in frustration.

"You'll understand it when you take your shinobi vows."

"No I won't. What if I was on a mission and someone did what the White Fang did... Would you frown upon them?" I asked, as he looked at me wide eyed, not expecting my response.

"I...That's different. You're my child, and I would die for you." He said with sorrow in his eyes.

"So what if he did it because he loved his teammates." I questioned.

"Then that is a personal choice that he has made. Under the Shinobi laws and regulations, it's okay to help your comrades, after the mission has been completed. He chose disregard the mission. That's why he was frowned upon by his own comrades." He said, as I sighed.

"D-did you dad? Did you frown upon him too?" I asked him and he stared at me wide eyed, before turning his head in disappointment.

"Sakumo Hatake, the White Fang took his life, after that." He said, ignoring my question, causing me to look at him in shock.

"Did y-you say H-Hatake?... Was that... K-Kakashi's d-dad?" I stuttered. Suddenly my heart hurt, when he nodded.
"Is Kakashi and his mom okay?" I asked sadly, frowning.

"I'm afraid she died when Kakashi was very young." He said and I shook my head.

"Y-you mean, h-he's all a-alone now?" I asked, full of sorrow. Dad nodded, as my eyes widened. I jumped off of my father's lap.

"Where are you going?" He asked, as I ran to the door.

"I'll be back! I have to go see him." I said, running out of the office, as my dad called out my name.

I know we fight... But no one deserves to be alone for this... Not even you Kakashi.

As I ran through the village, I made a quick stop at the Yamanaka flower shop, and bought four cosmos flowers, before asking for directions to Kakashi's house. I ran as fast as I could all the way there. When I got there, I noticed that the door was slightly opened, so I went inside, looking for Kakashi.

"Kakashi?" I called out, as I walked around the house.
"It's (Y/N)." I said, as I got to what I assumed was someone's room. When I opened it, I noticed dried blood that had already stained the floor, with a bloody rag and cold soapy water next to it. I let out a gasp, as my heart felt heavy thinking about Kakashi having to clean up the mess by himself.