Ch.19- I can feel you in my arms... but you are no longer here.

The loss of coloration on the cheeks that were once rosy and warm was an unsettling feeling as his crimson hues remained focused on you. His arms wrapping you tightly in a blanket of himself, his scent still lingering on you, as he had long made his presence known in your home. The feeling of your breathing getting shallower and shallower by the minute making him suck back another cry of agony.

This can't be happening... there was no way. He must have fallen asleep... he was dreaming right now. You must have bored him with some story and he actually had fallen asleep! That was it... after all, you getting shot and dying on him? No... not when he should have been better, smarter and stronger... able to protect you!

"No..." He breathed out again, voice strained as the tears were threatening to break. "Fuck... no..."

"Is that all you can say?" The father in the room sighed, observing the scene in front of him. "How long do you intend to pretend you care about that failure?"

Alcide would admit he wasn't expecting his cruel adversary to actually show the emotions the hunter had assumed the vampire didn't possess. Seeing that he was capable of faking such emotions to get the upper hand... was a tactic he wasn't expecting.

Knowing the vampire this long, Alcide knew to expect him to attack and not beat around the bush. He wasn't a liar and said what he wanted to the hunter when he wanted to. So this was new... and he nearly believed the tears trying to fall from those unnatural ruby eyes. But Alcide knew better... expected better of such a disgusting creature.

"Shut the hell up!" Bakugou roared, a droplet from each eye breaking off from his face and colliding with your own. "How the hell could you do something like this! She's your fucking kid!"

Alcide sighed, reaching behind him and pulling out a set of throwing knives. Twirling one around his finger before pausing and pointing it at you. His frown deepening as every emotion aside from love, acceptance, and care crossed his face.

"She was never my child, to begin with... and no matter how much I tried to make her more like me... she continued to be something else. Something that was... an embarrassment. Her mother was when I finally realized how I should have left her to the mercy of my enemies long ago... this lack of respect for me... is an annoyance."

Bakugou gritted his teeth, a small and grainy image of his own parents from long ago filling his mind. His mother and him being near exact copies of one another: hair, eyes, anger... and more. But unlike his mother, he could never find anything obvious that came from his father. The man was almost the exact opposite of him: calm, collected, rational with his emotions. But even so... his father always made sure to let his son know he cared for and loved him for him. All the loud, irritating, swear-filled actions he did... his father never batted an eye because Bakugou was his son... and his father was damn proud of his son.

So hearing this, trying to understand how it could be so different and so much worse than for you... he couldn't stand it. The buildup of heat beginning to throb in one of his arms wrapped around you. The feeling of burning making his cold and sleepy skin awaken again in a panic as your father continued to speak.

"What's with that face, you abomination? Still clinging to whatever you think is this mythical love your kind speaks of. Judging by how you've been acting and your lack of attacks against me... I'm guessing it was your humanity you regained, right?

The way you're cradling my own abomination sure makes me glad I did something about this. Even if she wasn't a failure... I would have killed her anyway if she was paired to be with you for eternity. This was a fitting end!"