Ch.11- my jealousy towards you will one day make you crumble.

"I'm leaving you in charge..." The father spoke, tugging the smallest boy with him. "You're old enough now...and you've learned enough about housework and cooking to take care of..."

The man paused, looking at the three children in front of him: the 18-year-old boy, the 15-year-old girl, and the final 12-year-old boy. To his side was the youngest... barely having turned 9 and finally ready to begin his latter years of training towards the brilliant hunter he would soon be.

"...those two." The father mumbled, tugging at the boy with mismatched locks.

"Father!" The girl cried. "When are you two going to be back?"

The red-haired man shrugged. "Not for a long time... don't expect us back any time soon. Goodbye."

The three watched as their younger brother was dragged off, his young face glancing back at them every so often. His eyes seeming to ask them to come and help him. He didn't want to leave... to go with this man.

He wanted to stay at home... wanted to stay with his family... with his best friend... in the home she had raised him in! This wasn't fair... they all knew it...

...so why were his older siblings not rushing over to help? Why were they all just standing there?

~~~~~

Your eyes twitched, the floor below you feeling cold. Your head hurt... the sensation of nausea coming over your form as you tried to move. You managed to move from laying flat against the concrete floor to pressing your back against the concrete wall.

Your eyebrows twitched as you could feel all your pain concentrated in one area. More than likely where you had been hit over the head. You breathed out slowly, trying to recollect exactly where you were and what might be happening right now.

The last you remembered... think and focus.

You had just watched Kirishima leave your side. And as you were taking out a piece of gum to satisfy your hunger until everyone else wanted lunch... someone had poked a cold metallic object into your side, part of it ripping a hole into your shirt.

"Just act normal and move along with me..." He breathed, the knife being buried a bit more into your side. "Say anything and you're dead..."

And so you did as he said... waiting for the opportunity to strike. You had to play this safe... you couldn't actually get taken... but at least make it look like you were willing to be in exchange for your life.

The mysterious man with the baggy and hooded clothing struck a familiar feeling in you. The memory of your first encounter with that leech coming to mind... the same type of clothing and feeling in your chest. Which could only mean... this was about your father again. And once again... you were being attacked because these mythical morons assumed you were weak.

The man opened the door outside, the alleyway outside of the aquarium filled with trash, rotting fish, and the occasional coffee cup from some careless worker. As he moved you towards some unmarked and tinted car a ways away... your eyes caught your best chance of escape.

And right as the man began to fumble around for his cars keys, you grabbed the broken piece of wood from some old and worn out display for the aquarium. Your arms pumping with adrenaline you turned, aiming for the material to strike your kidnapper and then make a dash.

However, as you hit his body, the wood did little to hurt him. Instead, it burst into flames and you dropped the object from the fright of it. Your hands were dusted with soot, the wood having been decimated in less than a second by this man.