Ch.5 - A Tale as Old as the Two of Us

(AN- Anyone spoiling the story at any part, or it's sequel, will have their comment deleted. Spoiling the story for other's isn't cool, and it's kinda upsetting to have to address this in the first place since it's started to appear in this book as of late. Reading the story and finding out the reveals yourself provides a much more enjoyable experience. So please don't ruin the story or the fun of reading for yourself and others by spoiling. Enjoy the read every one.)

The tea sat untouched atop the table, what used to be a hot beverage now lukewarm. You sat between two males, one glancing out the window with his usual nasty scowl, the other silent and glancing at his connected palms in his lap.

You cleared your throat, making each boy glance at you slightly. You looked at them both, seeming to say 'either drink the tea I made or start talking'. Bakugou rolled his eyes, obviously not feeling obligated to give you any sort of story.

Midoriya, on the other hand, seemed to feel like he owed you something. He had kept this huge secret from you for a while... and with Kacchan's return, you didn't even get to find out properly.

"I-I'm sorry, (Name)... I meant to tell you earlier, but never knew when would be a good time." He sighed reaching out and taking a long sip of the tea, the warm drink cooling down his nervous mind.

"Midoriya... what are you exactly?" You began. "I-I never told you... but my father-"

"-is a hunter... I-I know. My former master and I were aware of him, and for the most part, we kept on good relations."

"Only a damn nerd like you would be friends with that obsessive maniac..." Bakugou finally spoke up, casting a side glance at Midoriya.

"Bakugou hush... unlike you, Midoriya wants to talk." You shut down the angry boy. "Midoriya, please continue. I could really care less about your relationship with my father... but at least tell me exactly how you're the same age as grumpy fangs here if you're not what he is..."

"And what is Kacchan?"

Bakugou narrowed his eyes, shaking his head at the male. You sighed, seeing as you were suddenly some mediator between these two. A job you definitely were not happy about. But if it kept things civil here, then you'd put up with it.

"It's not my place to say... so if Bakugou doesn't want to, I won't force him." You mumbled, noticing Midoriya quickly pass a glance at your neck. He was a smart one... he'd figure it out.

"Well what the fuck are you Deku, you were one of the weakest humans when we were kids..."

Midoriya sighed, deciding he might as well come clean. "I-I'm an alchemist... or at least one who played against the natural law of things and as a result... became cursed."

Bakugou leaned forward suddenly, now drawn into the conversation by this little detail. You watched as the male in his haste nearly spilled his untouched tea. Whatever Midoriya had said seemed to really catch his ear.

"Don't you fucking tell me that damn book was real..."

"Y-yeah...and after you left...I-I met Toshinori. T-together we made a philosopher's stone and well... you can guess what happened afterward."

"You klutzy ass nerd..." Bakugou clicked his tongue. "You're still as fucking stupid as when we were four..."

"If you two don't mind..." You broke in. "How about you explain your relationship from the beginning? I'm a bit lost."