Twenty-Seven

The holidays were in full swing. Thanksgiving had passed and it was now Christmas day. I avoided any questions on the whereabouts of Jordan during Thanksgiving dinner by telling my parents that Jordan was really busy and needed to stay home and would celebrate with his family. My family understood and thankfully moved on. I was grateful considering that wasn't exactly the truth, Jordan and I still had not communicated since Devyn's game in October. I was trying my best to give Jordan the time he needed but if the wedding comes and goes without any word or sign that we were moving forward together I was done. Eventually he and I would be forced to interact with one another because Scottie and Shawn's wedding was in seven days and he and I were the Best Man an Maid of Honor. We left tomorrow morning for their Bachelor and Bachelorette parties in Hawaii, which is where the wedding will take place on the 31st.

Determined not to dwell on the craziness of my relationship I turned my attention back on my mother who couldn't stop beaming with Joy over the Cartier bracelet my brother got her and the patek watch I got her for Christmas. My father on the other hand was a simple man. So we bought him a brand new set of fishing rods and a gift card to Bass pro shop for $5,000. He was like a kid in a candy store when he got his gifts and at this moment his and my mother's happiness was all that mattered.

"Thank you my two wonderful kids for these amazing gifts. I can't wait to rock them with my dress in Hawaii. I'm going to look like the bomb when I step out honey."

Devyn and I laughed and high fives feeling accomplished. Our mother was so excited to wear her new jewelry with her dress for the wedding since she lost five pounds just to fit in it. I thought my mother was crazy for wanting to lose weight especially when she had a better body then mine.

"You two made Christmas wonderful this year. I must say my beautiful daughter and wonderful son, I am truly proud of the both of you."

"Thank you pops! But uhhh! Where our gifts at?"

"Gifts!? I thought us raising you was enough. But how about you change them tight ass jeans and put on some less expensive shoes than them Bow-Legged Agas! And come fishing with your old man."

I spat out my eggnog after my father's horrible yet hilarious mispronunciation of my brothers shoes. And I can't lie, his pants were slightly too tight.

"Dang! Pops they're called Balenciaga's, not no bow-legged agas. I'll be out in a minute though." My brother said as he ran up the stairs to his room. He had a game scheduled a couple days before the wedding so he wouldn't be joining us until the day of.

"Giselle could you pour me another glass of wine and then come up to my room. I need your help picking out close to wear for Hawaii."

"Okay Ma!" I poured her another glass and made my way to her room.

I walked in to my mother's room as she held a dress to her body trying to get and idea of what she would look like as she posed in the mirror. I loved watching my mother get dressed for special events and parties as a little girl.

"Here you go mommy!"

"Thank you sweetpea!....Now! Sit your ass on that bed cause we gotta talk miss thang!"

"Oop! Am I in trouble!?" My mother was using a tone I haven't heard since high school. I was actually kind of scared at this point.

"You're in big trouble! I thought you and I had the kind of mother and daughter relationship where we tell each other everything!?"

"We do Ma!"

"Apparently not Giselle! This is the 2nd holiday you've given me some lame ass exscuse to why Jordan isn't here. From the moment I saw you two together you had a glow that could light up the world. And now you're so dim. Tell me what is going on with you and him before I have to beat it out of you with my shoe little girl!"