Six

Jordan's POV

Giselle looked fine as hell in her white dress. Breath taking if I'm being honest. There was just something about her that had me going crazy. Just last night I had a dream about proposing to her, and we've only known each other for two days. But after what happened with my ex Ashlyn it was hard for me to trust women. We just needed a actual moment alone to get to know one another. My train of thought was broken when I heard her shyly singing. She might not of been American Idol worthy but she could hold a tune.

"You like this song huh?"

She laughed " Yeah! Aaliyah's my favorite.....And at your best you are loveee!" She continued to sing."I laughed as I thought about something.

"Oh you don't like my singing?"

"No I'm not laughing at that. The song reminded me of what you said about how I should see you at your best. What did you mean by that?"

"Oh! That. I meant that if you knew how emotionally fucked up not just drunk I was and you were hitting on me then, you should see me at my best. But that's a whole other story."

"Maybe you can tell me one day. But for now let's go inside."

With Giselle's comment still in the back of my mind we walk in to Houston's where my colleagues David and Steven were waiting for us with their wives Suzanne and Marcy.

"Jordan how's it going? Glad you made it." David said as he shook my hand.

"Hey David I'm good. Steven it's good to see you too."

"You too man. But I see you brought some company." Steven said as everyone noticed my date.

"Where are my manners!? Fellas, Ladies this is my ummm....My girlfriend Giselle Howard."

Giselle's eyes widened slightly in shock but her huge smile gave me comfirmation she was okay with me calling her that.

"Jordan must've snatched you from a Supermodel convention, darling you are gorgeous." Steven's wife Marcy joked in her thick southern twang as we all laughed.

The dinner lasted about an hour and a half. It was mostly Steven,David and I talking about our jobs and the ladies trying to school Giselle on what it was like being with a doctor. I was in awe! As her beautiful smile lit up the fairly dark room. I couldn't contain myself from smiling from ear to ear at her. This woman whom I met two days ago who already captured the love of my family and personal friends was now stealing the hearts of my professional friends. Most importantly she stole my heart too. After dinner I returned Giselle to her home. As I went to kiss her goodnight the unexpected happened.

"Would you like to come inside?"

"Yes! I would love to come inside." I damn near jumped out my skin. But I was still a fly ass nigga so I had to contain my excitement. Her place was nice. It was big and open. But what struck me was that it wasn't as girly as I thought it would be.