One

It had been almost five months since Jarvis and I had ended our engagement because he cheated on me with some bitch he met at the strip club. Five years of my life taken away just to end up with nothing. This sad reality is what's kept me in my room for weeks sulking in my heartache.

"Giselle are you dressed yet!? Its already after 9pm and the event starts at 10pm and you know how this damn Atlanta traffic is."

"I'm coming bitch! Damn!"

My best friend Scottie was dragging me to some speed dating event in the city. I wasnt too excited to go but I was sick of sitting in the house being miserable. So I threw on my little black dress and put on my game face." Alright hoe! I'm ready now."

"It's about time. But damn you look good girl."

"Thank you baby! But I don't even know why your rushing me, don't you have a man!?" I screeched.

"I do have a man, and I want you to have one too. Or at least get back to yourself. I need my friend back Gee! Or I'm going to lose my own damn mind."

I sighed and smirked at my concerned friend."You're right. I'm sick of being sad. Let's get out of here girl." We both smiled in agreement before heading out.

We arrived on time despite me dragging my feet. It definitely wasn't the bachelorette. There was nothing but old men with money. Now I could've used a sugar daddy in college but at this point in my life I wasn't into having a Anna Nicole relationship. I was actually enjoying listening to all of the stories they told. That was until I met the nastiest old fuck I've ever encountered in my life. He wore a baggy suit with gold teeth and had corn rows. Mind you he was at least fifty."How you doing you little sexy honey dip!? I'd like to dip you in some chocolate and lick you."I nearly vomited in mouth. Still in shock he decides to rub his filthy rough hands up my leg. Before I know it my clutch purse clamped down on his fingers."If you ever put your tickle dick fingers on me again I will fuck you up." I said before storming off to the bar.

Just as I was turning up a cocktail Scottie comes to the bar."Girl! What the hell happened!? All I saw was you storm off. You good?"

"Don't worry about! Let's just get the hell out of here." I said feeling defeated.

"Yeah let's get out of here. It ain't nothing but niggas on oxygen tanks anway." She joked as we both laughed. We pulled up to my building a little after 11pm.

"Hey I'm sorry about tonight. But Shawn is having a birthday party next weekend and I would really like for you to come."

"You know I'm coming. I'll see you later scottie your girl is tired."

"Alright boo. Bye girl"

After the disaster speed dating I decided to focus on my business instead of men. I was opening more boutiques around the city and they needed my full attention. While in traffic making rounds checking on my other locations my mother calls. They moved to the country after they retired. Though they were still young, in their early 50's my father's business made enough to where he didn't need to be apart of day-to-day operations.  I rarely heard from my parents, so when I did I was always excited.

"Hello Mommy! How are you!?"

"Hey my beautiful daughter!! I'm good! I missed you baby."

"I missed you too Ma! How's daddy!?"

"Girl he fine. He out fishing. That's all that nigga do and he don't catch shit!"

"Well mama why don't you help him? He always said you were his good luck charm."

"Girl I be trying to sit my ass down. Anyway when you gone come and see me?"

"I'll be home for the fourth of July mommy"

"That's two months away! Well alright I'll put something together. And please tell me you not back with that punk ass Harvey!?

I laughed out loud at her name calling." Jarvis! Mama and no I'm not back with him and I'm not tryna be."

"Good you need you a fine ass man with a good job, great morals and a bomb ass back stroke like your daddy!"

I nearly spat out my water I had been drinking." No ma'am I don't want to hear that. I gotta go ma! I love you."

She giggled before saying I love you back and we hung up the phone. Hearing my mother's voice gave me a boost of happiness. So after I checked my last location I headed to Phipps Plaza to look for an outfit for Shawn's party. I also found time to get my hair done. Since locking myself up in my condo like a princess in a castle I had neglected personal care like hair and nails. From this day forward I was going to start living for me.