Twenty-Five

Since ending things a month ago with Jordan I had thrown myself into expanding my empire by working on my own cosmetic line as well as finding a  new place to stay. I was thankful for my brother letting me stay with him but he was a twenty-two year old basketball player who didn't need his sister cramping his style when he had girls and his friends over. Though I still loved Jordan I was still furious with him. He played me and had me looking stupid. Jordan tried hard to get me to speak to him. Everyday for two weeks he would send flowers to my boutiques and he called me everyday until I changed my number. He had all the makings of a great man but no amount of money or education was going to make me stay with someone who cheated on me for get backs.

As I was leaving my meeting for my new line that I was working on Scottie called me as her and shawn were at a cake tasting for their wedding. Her and JT of course were still team Jordan and hoped I would get back with him, but the forecast wasn't too clear on that.

"Hey! Baby girl How is the cake tasting?"

"Hey! Boo. Girl this cake is too damn good. I need to stop eating before I get fat."

"You know you only supposed to taste it, right!? And besides don't nothing on your size two body get fat but your ass. You got that Keyshia Kaoir body and it is banging."

"I know that's right! But listen that's not why I'm calling. It's about Jordan."

"Jordan!? Oh! My God is he okay?"

"I suppose so! But Giselle you really need to talk to him."

I rolled my eyes so hard. I thought something bad happened to him but in actuality she just wanted me to take him back.

"I can feel you rolling your eyes Giselle! But seriously you need to see about him. His mother keeps calling shawn and I everyday asking about him. He hasn't answered any of her phone calls or shawn's and she went to Piedmont hospital to see if he was at work and they said he had quit. I'm worried about him Gee!"

"What's him not talking to his mother and  shawn got to do with me. And besides he cheated on me. What he got going on ain't no concern of mine."

"Well damn he made you that much of a heartless bitch!? And besides you don't even know if he really cheated. You said yourself he told the girl he'd call her later. No intelligent man is going to tell the woman he's cheating with he'll call her later, especially in front of his psycho girlfriend."

"That don't even matter. He was still somewhere he wasn't supposed to be and besides whose side are you on anyway!?"

"Over ten years of friendship and you have to ask that, maybe you need to reevaluate yourself sis. I dont know who this new you came from but you need to bring the real Giselle back. I understand the last time you cared for an Ex it back fired but Jordan and Jarvis are not the same. Look I gotta go you can do what you want I guess."

I could tell Scottie was upset with me. Maybe I was being a huge bitch and that's the last thing I wanted to be. I just wanted to stand up for myself. The only time her and I beefed was when we debated whether New York or Hoopz would win Flavor Of Love. The last thing I wanted to do was fight with my best friend and truth be told I did care about Jordan.

"Alright Scottie! I'll see him. If he's not at the house I'll try Alpharetta. And I'm sorry  for the way I've been acting. It's just a lot on my mind. Forgive me!?"

"Of course I forgive you. And thank you. You come back with a good report and I won't bring him up ever again. But I really do have to go, I'll talk to you soon."

AT MY BESTजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें