Ch. 17 - Night Calls

< Chapter 17: Night Calls >

♥ Jamie’s POV: ♥ 

When I flickered my eyes open, I was on Phoebe’s couch resting my head on a pillow. I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes, looking at the baby stroller and noticing Jason wasn’t there. For a minute, I began to slightly panic, wondering where he was. But a few seconds later, I heard footsteps approaching the living room.

“Looks like you’re awake,” Ryan’s voice rang from behind me. I turned around to see him walking towards the kitchen. “You fell asleep and we thought you were probably pretty tired, being a mom and all, so we just let you rest up.”

“W-Where’s Jason?” I asked sleepily.

“We laid out some blankets in the guest room bed so he could sleep properly,” he explained. “You hungry?”

“Nah, thanks,” I smiled at him. “I’ll be right back.”

Standing up, I left upstairs and entered one of Phoebe’s guest rooms, finding Jason sleeping soundly there. I let out a small sigh from relief and walked over to him, softly kissing his cheek. I watched him sleep for a bit before my phone began vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that Justin was trying to FaceTime me.

I felt my heart beating faster and faster and the sad part was that I didn’t know if I was feeling this way because I’m longing to hear his voice and see his face or because I feel guilty about what I did with Nathan.

I answered the call and Justin’s sexy face popped up on the screen, causing my heart to skip a beat.

“Hey babe,” he gave me a smile.

“Hi,” I let out a small giggle.

Justin’s smile faded to a pout as he looked me in the eyes. “You look tired,” he noted.

“Well I just woke up,” I said.

“It’s nighttime, babe.”

I laughed, “Well I fell asleep at Phoebe’s couch.”

“You’re at Phoebe’s?”

“Yeah, and Ryan’s here too.”

“That’s nice,” he said. “I really miss you guys.”

“We all miss you too,” I reassured him. “So, what’s up?”

He ran a hand through his hair. “Nothing, I just finished the first show and I thought I’d check in on my babies. How’s Lil J?”

I turned my phone so he could see Jason on the bed in front of me. “He was sleeping too,” I told him. “Still is.”