Ch. 3 - He's The One

< Chapter 3: He’s The One >

♥ Jamie’s POV: ♥

I ran my fingers through Justin’s soft, luxurious hair, watching him sleep peacefully, his head resting on my lap as I looked at him. With my other hand, I stroked his face gently and lovingly, tracing the outline of his lips and all the rest of his perfect features.

Leaning down, I kissed his forehead and accidentally let a smile slip from my features. I almost wished he would wake up so I could stare into those amazing, brown eyes of his and see him smiling back at me. He would find a part of my face to kiss and touch me comfortingly, the way no other man could do. He’d whisper sweet things into my ear and I’ll remind him that I love him, even though I’m sure he doesn’t doubt I do.

“Did he fall asleep already?” a voice tore me from my thoughts and I looked up to see Phoebe carrying Jason in her arms, a teasing smile on her lips.

I looked at Justin and then back at her again. “He’s pretty tired,” I shrugged.

“Is he?” Phoebe asked, tightening her grip on my son, who kicked at the air and cooed.

“The whole Ryan thing is stressing him out. He’s worried about him,” I sighed, caressing Justin’s cheek.

“Oh, because Allison’s moving?” A saddened look plastered across her face and she sat down across from me.

“Yeah,” I whispered. “I wish she didn’t have to go but, then again, it’s a great opportunity for her father.”

“Poor Ryan,” Phoebe shook her head before lifting Jason up so that his feet were on her lap. Jason stared back at her in confusion and she began to make funny faces to try and make him laugh. He babbled cutely and reached out his tiny hand to grab Phoebe’s nose, causing her to giggle. “Can I please keep your baby?” she teased. “He’s sooo cute!”

I laughed, watching the two of them bond. “Sorry, but I wouldn’t give him up for the world.”

“You two are great parents, I’ve got to say,” she winked, kissing Jason’s cheek before wrapping him in her arms again.

“Thanks, but it’s always nice to have help too so… Thank you for babysitting while Justin and I had some quality time. You have no idea how helpful that is,” I said honestly, meaning every word.

“It’s no problem at all, I love this little guy,” Phoebe spoke to Jason in a baby voice. I watched them for a while longer before feeling Justin stir in his sleep. I switched my gaze from Phoebe playing with the baby to my sexy fiancé, who sleepily flickered his eyes open, blinking a few times before focusing his vision on me.

“Did I fall asleep?” he yawned, his voice groggy yet somehow seductive. He looked like a confused little puppy, and I just couldn’t help but kiss his cheek.

“Yes you did, doofus,” I giggled, playing with his hair as he smiled at me, making my heart melt.